Monday, April 23, 2007

Lazy Bum

Sorry I have fallen behind on my blogging and posting pictures but to be honest there hasn't been much to blog about. We got home from Arizona and spent days unpacking and doing laundry. Then the boys went back to school and I tried to clean the house up some more. I am trying desperately to do one room at a time and have the rule that once a room is clean NO MESSING IT UP! I am sick of living in a messy house but don't want to spend all my time cleaning either.

We discovered PBSKIDS.ORG and it is fabulous. Age appropriate fun FREE online games.

I had to explain about the war in Iraq after the boys overheard them say "200 Iraqis died today" which Alex repeated about 400 times afterward. It is difficult to explain the concept of war to a 5 yr old and 3 yr old. I said that sometimes adults fight over land or money and explained it in relation to if he and a friend were fighting over something. I explained about how the U.S. elects a president but in some countries they don't get to pick their leader and fight over that. How would he like it if one day I said "now David is going to get to tell you what to do and you can't say anything about it." His response was why can't they all just share? I didn't have a response.

I had to explain to the boys what testicles were and how I don't have them, I have a vagina. What a vagina is "the hole babies come out of" and his response was oh a hole "like the grand canyon?" I would like to think not so large!!!

Daniel has three teeth and scoots all over the place. He is a mooving fool.

And today is my 30th birthday. The boys wished me happy birthday and told me they got me gifts- ran into their room and got me their money. So cute.

All I can say is that I feel so blessed to have three beautiful healthy wonderful boys and a wonderful husband who (although he doesn't show it well) adores me and would do anything for me. I can't believe what I have achieved and been given in only thirty years. I hope the next 60 will be as wonderfully blessed!

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What did you decide to do for the 3-0? Please eat somewhere delicious and fun for me. I so miss Houston restaurants.

Enjoy your day! (And start reminding your men that Mother's Day is just 20 days away! Ashton is already counting down.)

Barbara said...

I hope you have a wonderful, happy birthday. I'm sorry that I didn't remember it was coming to send you a card. Between my mom in the hospital and this whole possible move thing, I have been preoccupied. I barely remembered Harrison's birthday last week! (thanks for the call, by the way, sorry we missed you.)