Saturday, November 15, 2008

Okay, Okay I get it.

So I know I need to posting. I know I have fallen behind. I have been so swamped with halloweeen, Ians surgery, Ian's birthday, mouse infested scrapbooking retreat, deciding our thanksgiving plans, making arrangements for my nephew Harrison's Bar Mitzvah, volunteering at the boys schools, doing my junior league teaching, and desperately trying to relax :) I am sorry to those of you that don't see us regularly and feel left out. I hope to pick back up again but I have focus on the family first. Please be patient- ahem... you know who you are.

A couple funny blips. My grandmother sent Ian a $100.00 gift card to Barnes and Noble. After opening it he was delighted to read that he got $1000. I asked him to look again, how much is it. "OH $1,000,000" NO sweetie. $100. "Oh :(" I guess $100 doesn't seem much when you thought it was 1 million. He has no idea how many $5 books he can get with that. Between that and the gift card I know is coming in the mail from my sister and the dozens of other books he got for his birthday he won't be able to complain we are short on books.

And I can't believe how well everyone knew him. What a great variety of books that he will LOVE and yet very few repeats.

He was sooo happy. A bit of sensory overload when he had to choose his book for bed tonight.

Oh and my mom and dad took him to buy boots. This thrilled him to no end because I won't buy him boots. Why spend that much money when he can't wear them to school. Well that is what Grandparents are for. So after the boots he also got a shirt and a vest. Oh my goodness. He is ever prepared for the rodeo!



Many more photos to come I promise.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for the update. We've all missed them, but I didn't want to push you!

Ian's surgery??? What surgery!!!

We wanted to call him for his bday but with the time difference, we just didn't get a chance. We have lots of books to send him and some other cool stuff he will love. Sorry I haven't gotten it all in the mail yet, but I know you, of all people, understand that!

I'll have hotel info in a day or two - i promise. i spent the whole day dealing with that today!

angela | the painted house said...

Yeehaw, Ian!

I would LOVE $100 to spend at B&N--lucky boy!