Friday, October 31, 2008

Too long?

Okay, it was pointed out to me today that it has been too long since I last blogged so here you go. The boys are keeping me busy. Daniel has taken to reaching in his shorts and playing with himself (I guess it is a good thing we are headed into pants season). I can't say the same thing for any of the other boys. Ian is having his adenoids removed on Tuesday. Next weekend I am going scrap booking. In two weeks Ian is having his birthday party, it is going to be at a park with a scavenger hunt. I am excited that we are having a little girls get together for my friend who is pregnant and I need to arrange something with my friends to get out of the house.

Last weekend we went to New Braunfels for Darren's parents 70th birthday party. It was a lot of fun. The boys got to spend time with the family, we had a great meal, we stayed up to a whopping 9:00p.m. (I know you don't believe it) and overall it was very entertaining.



Loyce, Joan and Anita
Trent, Daniel and Esther
Jody, Susie, Bernie and Esther



Ian, Alex and I sat at the table with Lisa, Paul and Anita. As always Lisa and Paul were thoroughly entertaining. They had lots of funny antidotes.

Ian eating his salad
Alex enthralled with whatever bit of information Paul was imparting on him. Alex and Paul even went on a short expedition to discover where the music speakers were.
Here is Daniel checking it out for himself.

Ian really was funny though when he was explaining about how if you eat too much the vampires come and suck the food out of your head. He then informed Paul they would have easy access to his head through his bald spot. We about died laughing.

The boys and I made a painting for Darren's parents birthday gift. I have been very excited about it and wanted to share it but I had to wait so I didn't ruin the surprise.
Here they are working on it.






And here is the final piece. It says Chanukah and it is a Menorah (which they collect)


And finally, here is a photo of the entire family. There are so few that I am in.

7 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

The painting is beautiful! I'm sure the boys were so proud to give it.

Good luck with Ian's surgery.

Have fun at your scrapbooking weekend. I so need to print some photos but by this point the bill would be over $1000, I'm sure. Ugh. Why did I fall so far behind?

Thank you for the update!

Anonymous said...

Now, was that so hard? Thanks for updating. Btw, will Alex be smiling like that in the wedding pictures?

Fun-GalJulie

Nicole said...

quite possibly but if you consider the alternative a funky smile isn't so bad :)

Anonymous said...

...at least he won't be "pushed" down the aisle...or will he?

Fun-Gal (formerly fungal) Julie

Barbara said...

Glad to finally see an update. I check faithfully but didn't want to nag because you said you were feeling overwhelming.

We wish we were with the rest of the family at the bday weekend, but we just couldn't make another trip so soon after the last one.

The painting is beautiful and I'm sure much appreciated.

Good luck on the surgery - i'm sure it will go well and have fun scrapbooking this weekend. I, too, Angela, am hopefully behind on photographs, but since Harrisons' Bar Mitzvah theme is based on photographs, I need to get cracking!

Anonymous said...

I have come to rely on your blogging? Please give me the drug that I need ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok, it's time to update AGAIN! I don't mean to pressure you, but.....

FunGalJulie