Ian: Last night after Ian was sent to bed early for his constant sassing he screamed at me "I thought you were meant to be a real mom, not a fake mom. I don't love you!" Ahh... glad we are back to these fabulous yelling matches. Luckily I am mature enough NOT to be sucked into it.
His soccer team won at a whopping 3 to 1. They have this fabulous rule that if you are behind by two points then you can add an extra player to the losing team. If only the aggies could throw in an extra player when they are behind by a certain amount.
To reminisce to last years football season a pictorial look back at Daniel's reaction to the aggie football team :(
Not really, he was actually crying because Darren left to go to the bathroom but it sounds so much better to think he is crying because of the poor football playing!
A few photos of the A&M Football games from this season.
We really enjoy going to the football games. Sometimes I skip and let the "boys" go but it really is a wonderful memory they will have and share with Darren's family for a long time. And yes I am aware that Darren's family is my family but I have to distinguish them somehow.
Now on to Alex: Alex had swim lessons today and did great! He swam the entire width of the pool without any help.
I have been really enjoying the opportunity to volunteer in Alex's classroom. It is really fun to watch the kids interact and see all the things that the teacher does with them. Amazing and a reminder that I can't be a Kindergarten teacher.
Alex performed his story play in class. Each year they write a story with a problem and a solution using a few characters from the class and perform for the class. The parent comes and reads the play that the children perform in. It was really fun and Alex was very excited. Ironically his play problem had to do with food, just as Ian's did. I swear I did not sway them in this direction.
Daniel: All day today he was singing minimac, minimac. This must be a school song as I remember Ian singing at this age but I can't remember the actual song.
He is also obsessed with the shofar sounds. Over and over in the back of the car he says "say ketiah (meaning tekiah)" and then when I do say tekiah he blows his shofar (ie. hand, straw, whatever)
for those of you that don't know about the shofar
Have a good evening everyone!
3 comments:
Sounds like everyone is doing great. I wish WE lived close enough to go to A & M Football games with everyone regularly. We'd love them. We've only gone once (to a bowl game.)
Isn't it so hard to stay mature when your child says something like "I hate you." I can get "I love you so much, you're the best mom ever" and then "I hate you, you're the worst mom ever" within an hour. I usually just say "I'm sorry you feel that way but I still love you."
Ian sassing? I can't picture it. He's such a good kid!
Be glad you have 3 boys -- Michela's emerging hormones result in a moodiness that's really frustrating at times.
And the Froggy books were our favorites-- all of them!
Technically you shouldn't solely guess vowels first in Hangman...
you should guess based on the order of most commonly occuring letters in the English language.
That order would be ETAOIN SHRDLU.
It's fairly well known among people with too much time on their hands.
okay who posted that last comment? fess up that you are the person with too much time on your hands.
Post a Comment