In an effort to destress my life I am decreasing the amount I am blogging. My goal is to post about once a week. I am giving up on trying to be whitty and fabulous for those of you that are not family (and friends). I am reverting back to the original purpose of the blog which is my own personal tracking of my children's lives. As I said, I hope to post once a week and I am sure in the summer I will be posting more often.
I just need to decrease the number of things I feel obligated to do, step back and enjoy my family. Maybe the whittiness will come later. Sorry.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you shouldn't worry about trying to be witty and fabulous! You're funny just being you and none of your readers want your blogging to be stressful or want it to be a "chore" for you to think of witty titles and posts. Haven't you noticed that most of my posts are titled "update"?? :)
I think most of us blog for the same reasons: to have a great record of our lives for our kids to cherish in the future and to keep in touch with family and close friends and keep everyone abreast about what's going on in our lives. We don't need witty and fabulous to do that.
I blog when I have stuff to write about - which has been about twice a week lately. Once thursdays after my weight loss class and then again usually on mondays after the weekend because that's when interesting things happen.
You sound very stressed out lately - not just the hurricane, which I'm sure was extremely stressful, but it sounds to me (I could be way off base) that you're finding it hard to adjust to the busy-ness of having two kids in school with homework and activities, running your household and a very energetic toddler. I hear you loud and clear - some days are just overwhelming with everything that has to get done.
For what it's worth, if your life follows the pattern of ours, you'll adjust pretty soon and it will get easier. Then, you'll have a few years where it gets harder when the kids have more and harder homework but still need more monitoring and have even more activities and places they need to go. But then it gets easier again as they reach my kids ages because even though they have even more and even harder homework, they're much more self sufficient about it and I just check it over, but don't need to be as hands on. And their activities are longer when they're older, so you can more easily drop off and pick up rather than staying there.
Hope you're finding other ways to de-stress and relax and we always look forward to your posts, however infrequent, un-witty and non-fabulous they might be! :)
I always enjoy your posts--in your own personal style with your humor and insights. Blogging can be such a complicated thing. You are smart to step back a little to simplify your life. Some weeks I am all over it, and then other weeks I feel so overwhelmed by it. We all need to find our personal balance.
I will keep a look out for your posts about your amazing three boys.
Take care of yourself, Nicole!!! :)
Post a Comment