Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day 2

This weekend has been an emotional roller coaster. It began with such a nice night out with my sister, followed by a very nice day on Saturday. Darren and I slept in, while the boys watched television. We got a little frisky, while the boys watched television (I know this is tmi for many of you but hey we are married and some day when the boys read this they should know we did those things too). Then Darren took the boys to the A&M football game while I stayed home to paint and do homework. I rented some movies and got to business.

Sunday was nice in the morning followed up by a horrible afternoon. What changed? Well, Darren went out of town. There was a lot of crying (mostly Daniel) and it really through the house into a different frame of mind. A wonderful friend took Ian to his soccer game so that Daniel could nap. Of course Daniel didn't nap for most of the time as he was busy screaming for Darren.

Sunday afternoon was nice as my sister and the gang came over to visit. We went to dinner, where I had the worst experience of trying to get the guy to take a simple order while Daniel ran around wigging out (remember he is low on sleep by now). Sunday evening was the worst with hourly wake ups from Daniel screaming for Darren. The picture he went to sleep with didn't help much.

Today we were just dragging thanks to Daniel last night. We did go to Chick-Fil-A because they were offering free sandwiches if you were wearing your favorite sports team shirts. So we dressed up and went out for lunch. This was a treat as a bunch of friends were there. One even took Ian and Alex home to play while Daniel and I went home to nap. Now back to the down swing, Daniel woke up after 20 minutes running a fever.

So no school tomorrow and hopefully we didn't infect the world at Chick-Fil-A. I am also guilt ridden that I may have gotten my friend's kids sick.

On top of this, I have been really tired lately. They are messing with my medicines which is good in that I can now eat and have stopped most of my shaking but bad because I have no motivation to do anything.

We are surviving though and as the boys are sleeping now I am cautiously optimistic that I will sleep better tonight.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

that's probably partly why he was so cranky! hope he and you feel better soon.