Well in our second week of kindergarten Ian had a fun packed day. How can they fit so much into one day? Library, Computer Class, Japanese (today they learned the letter blue is "ow"), playtime, math, reading, they are making a book about books, they learned about bumble bees. Then after excitedly going on and on he says "Today I had a hard day" What? What part of all that fun was hard? "I started to cry when I was working on my bee" Why? "Well b/c I couldn't do the bee and because I was missing you and because I was hungry" Well was this before lunch or after? "before lunch" What hungry? They eat lunch at 10:30 in the morning how can you possibly be hungry that early. He went to the teacher several times complaining "I'm hungry. When will it be lunch time" That woman is going to think I never feed my child. He did get breakfast I swear. Even picked it out himself! Well I smartly said, maybe in the future we should eat more at breakfast and then changed the subject.
Daniel on the other hand had a much less pleasant day. He went for his one year checkup. They gave him six shots which as you can imagine he didn't like. He needs to go for blood work also because we live in an older house so they test lead levels. That will be fun. Maybe I can send Darren to do that??? He ways a scant 21lbs 7 oz which surprisingly only puts him in the 25%. He is also only 25% for height so apparantly not as big as everyone says he is :) This wonderful experience was followed by a wonderful trip to the dentist where I found I have a cavity :(
We did have fun playing with Daniels new toys- the shopping cart is a huge success as a walking toy and would be a bigger success with mommy if daddy hadn't thought it would be funny to sit Daniel in it and walk around so that now Daniel keeps trying to climb into it. Aaargghhh! We bit the end off the wooden spatula so sadly, audrey, that got thrown out. The pots and pans do make lots of fabulous loud noises which makes it sound like a bigger mess is being made than actually is :) We got out the gigantic building blocks again which are also a huge hit as it is hysterical to knock them down. I really do love this age of discovery where everything is so fun - except when we are screaming.
Alex is well alex. He doesn't have much to say but I get to hear a lot more of his day because we cuddle up on the couch and talk about it while Daniel is napping and Ian is at school. This is probably my favorite part of the day- although Alex probably just wants to be left alone and watch t.v. or something...
Darren is good. Growing out a beard- ahhh so manly! Except he gets less kisses from me with all that scruff. And no- nothing new on the job front.
Finally, have to give a shout out to Darren's brother Marlon who took a good chunk of time out today to discuss my myriad of job opportunities and options. He helped give a different perspective- so thanks :)
Keep your eyes peeled for birthday pictures
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad Marlon and you had some time to talk. He told me about your conversation. He definitely thinks engineering is a good option for you.
Sorry I wasn't home to say hi. I think I was probably going to buy cupcakes for Jacob and Michela's bday and taking them to school when you called.
We ended up having such a busy weekend that we didnt' call, but Jacob and Michela still want to talk to Ian since Harrison did, so we might call tomorrow. They get out at 1:30 on Wednesdays.
Post a Comment