Monday, September 17, 2007

Alright, I am tired and have a headache but am feeling a bit guilty for my lack of blogging so here we go. Please excuse that I will be jumping around on tangents a bit. Just trying to get it in today.

Today Daniel and I went to the zoo with a couple friends (look tomorrow for pics) that was lots of fun. Great to get out of the house.

Something I hope never to forget. How before I go to nurse Daniel he gets really excited and starts giggling. It cracks me up. Got to get that on video.

Ian is having a great time at school learning all about bees, working on his letters, learning about senses. Today he say "I noticed that tadpoles look like hearts" Wow that is great Ian. "Yes that makes me an observer" Where did you learn that "In school"

He can now recite the pledge (with a bit of help). He asked me today what is an acquaintance? I said it is like a friend. So he says "May they not be forgotten" What? Where did you learn that? He says "We sing it after the pledge" I am thinking.. They sing Ole Angzine after the Pledge? No, they sing "You're a grand ole flag" after the pledge every day - this is right before they shoot out their carebear power. Don't ask!

Oh and the other night Ian got in a lot of trouble and sent to his room. When I was trying to calm him down enough to have a conversation about why he was sent to his room he screams at me "I AM NOT A TEENAGER. YOU ARE TREATING ME LIKE A TEENAGER" I had to step out of the room to keep from laughing in his face. One day a teenager won't seem like the end all be all of oldness.

Speaking of old. I told Ian to tell Darren something when he saw him. He asked how long it would be. "Probably 15 minutes"
"That's not that long, why can't you remember to tell him"
"Well sweetie that is what happens when you get old"
"Mom you aren't old"
"Really what is old"
"60"
---sorry bernie, esther, dad :)
I am pretty sure the last time I asked him what old was he said 70. So before we know it I will be old.

Alex - well it is hard to tell stories about him. When I get him from school and ask about his day he say "I don't remember" EVERY DAY. Child do you have amnesia, Alzheimer's?? How can you forget every day?? I did hear from a friend who picks him up sometime that they are making something special for the high holidays. Flip flops. What does that have to do with Yom Kippur??? Who knows.

And in response to a few questions you guys have had.
1.) Yes I was wild back in the day. I picked Darren up at Hillel and then again at a bar when passing off my phone number while on a date with someone else (obviously that person did not impress me). I will not go into detail as one day my children will probably be reading it. I will say that I never wandered the campus asking if anyone knew who I was and I never called my mother as a practical joke to tell her I was in jail... (ahemmm Darren) But looking at that, maybe that is a glimpse into why Alex can't remember his days. Darren couldn't even remember his identity.

2.) Calculus is going well. It is interesting and a chance to get out of the house.

3.) Lucy is at the Museum of Natural Science. She is supposed to tell the history of man. It is the oldest bones found. 3.2 million years old. http://lucyexhibition.com/

Okay off to bed. Talk with you soon.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I don't get the Lucy thing. Who/what is Lucy?

Glad Ian is enjoying school.

Have you tried asking pointed questions with Alex? i.e. who did you sit next to at circle time? what song did you sing this morning? what did you have for snack? what did you make in arts and crafts? did you play with ___ today? (toy, person, etc.) I've found that I get a lot more out of them that way than just "how was your day?" or "did anything interesting happen today?"

angela | the painted house said...

I'd like more info on #1, please. Sounds interesting!