Today was Daniel's first birthday party. I was hoping to include some video of his first cake, but the file is too large, sorry. A little less exciting than the stick your face in the cake we had with Alex but seeing as you could tell he had no idea what to do with it, he managed to make a complete mess at the end. This finished off the party with a quick hose down outside :)
We had lots of fun. It was a small get together but it was nice to have Bernie, Esther and Jody come down (as always it was greatly appreciated). We got to go out to eat with them (basically all day yesterday we ate), we went to Build-A-Bear (we are now one of those families with a stuffed animal named Mr. Whitey which sounds a bit derogatory to us), we all went to an A&M football game on Saturday -Gigem Aggies- and then it was finished off with a fun, unstructured 1st birthday party. Daniel now has all the kitchen stuff he could want (metal pots and pans, a kitchen, a grocery cart, food, dishes and even a chef's hat).
It was a very nice weekend. If you couldn't make it, we missed you. We will also be closing off his time capsule, which i am very excited about, in the next week or so. If there is anything you want to contribute then please stick it in there soon. I can't wait to see him read that when he is 18yrs. old.
4 comments:
Glad the weekend and party was fun. wish we could have been there too!
I'll send something for the time capsule tomorrow.
Did our gifts come yet?
We had a fun bday weekend with jacob and Michela too - their party was sat night to sunday... 29 kids for games, bbq dinner, night swimming and movie, then some left and 14 spent the night! Whew.
Sunday was a day to relax, then went to an Angels baseball game.
Today we spent the day at the waterpark.
Tomorrow is their actual bday, so after school, we'll get homework done, then dinner and a movie out if we have time.
I guess you know most of that from my picture email I sent, but just in case you hadn't seen it...
What a fabulous idea to make a time capsule! I think I will steal it!
BTW, my moby wrap is en route to me! I'm anxious to get it and wear my boy.
Barbara- no gifts yet. sorry. we saw the pictures. it did look like a good time.
Angela- woohoo!!! If you have problems give me a ring, check out http://www.thebabywearer.com/, you can search the forum and watch videos of people wrapping their babies along with great photos and worst case senario I can send you a video :) I hope it is as much a godsend for you as it was for me.
The Moby is here...although, I haven't had a chance today to try it out. The manual kinda scares me. I hope to play with it tomorrow. Thank you for the offer to help--I may need it!
Post a Comment