Monday, September 10, 2007

Oh one more...

In case you were unaware of this, as I was, sunday schools also have PTOs so we are selling candles for them. Chanukah, shabbat, havdalah. Is the sales pitch never going to end?

But for those of you unappreciative souls out there you should know that Ian feels you should be thanking him for selling you those products. Otherwis you wouldn't have them. Commercialism at its best!!! Yes Jody we are talking to you :)

As for Ian and school all is well. We are learning so much about living in the U.S., who our president is, lots of songs "Its a grand ole flag" as well as the pledge. He now knows we are at war, there are bad leaders and that people die. He knows about soldiers and that they salute the flag. He also is learning a TON about nature, bees, etc. I got to have lunch with him today, meet with his friends and be the center of all their attention. I realized that I forgot to pack him snacks so I gave him a bag of daniel little puffs. When he said "but these are baby food" by quick retort of "they are made of potatos, what is the difference between these and potato chips" seemed to sufice but I know this won't last long. Come on mom, get with the program!!

Alex also loves school. We carpool three days a week with a friend Morgan and they both seem to be enjoying it. Morgan is whose bday the pictures are from. A real doll. And a reminder of how different boys and girls are! It makes my mornings fun to see her interact with my boys. Then her mom picks up Alex which is great b/c I don't have to wake Daniel from his nap.

Daniel is doing well. A troublemaker as always who is starting to go to his room a bit more often b/c I am sick of having him scream in my ear. SICK OF IT! But today in my desperation to get out of the house I took him to the Museum of Natural Science to the butterfly exhibit and it was fabulous. He really loved it. Definitely a destination to rival with the children's museum. We also went and saw "Lucy" not to much interest of Daniels but hey there should be an advantage to being short two children right?

I was just proud that he and I are doing things now!

Hope you are doing well and have a nice new year. Three of my boys (Darren is one of them) will be in San Antonio for Rosh Hashanah. Maybe I can get something done around here. Well probably shouldn't count on it. La Shanah Tovah!

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Ah, one-on-one time with the baby! I'm jealous. Well, I do get it about 4 am every morning! Glad school is going well!

Barbara said...

Glad school is going so well for everyone.

Who is "Lucy?"

Wow - you're one up on us. Our sunday school has never sold anything. Who says Orange County/California is the materialism capital of the world?! :)

Why aren't you and Daniel going to San Antonio too?