The ins, outs and happenings of three boys, their dad and mom -all 5 of us...
Friday, November 02, 2007
Podegai -TADA
So here is a picture of me helping my mother sew this podegai. Of course I am wearing Daniel- the only way I can get things done. And I did not sew for that long, compared with my mother who sewed quite a lot. I guess I should have started out with a material easier to work with than silk.
Here are a few pictures of my completed podegai. Isn't it beautiful. The red is a silk material and is even yummier in person.
It looks great. Did you and/or your mom make it up or did you follow a pattern? Are you just making it for you or are you planning on making them to sell?
4 comments:
It looks great. Did you and/or your mom make it up or did you follow a pattern? Are you just making it for you or are you planning on making them to sell?
It looks beautiful. The color is gorgeous. The baby boy isnt bad either...does he come with?
xo, Cate
Amazing that you made it and that you can wrap Daniel in it! It is so lovely. Now how do you pronounce it?
PO DAY GEE - that is how it is pronounced. An ancient eastern babywearing device.
Oh and look at you CATE you are able to post. Yes if you want the boy you can have him but you we have a no refund policy :)
Post a Comment