Do you have those moments where you are looking at your family and friends and think, how did my life get to be so perfect. Not perfect in the sense that you couldn't find something to complain about but perfect in the sense that everything that truly matters is going right. My husband has a job that he still enjoys and pays enough we can make ends meet, while still having enough left to have a little fun. My entire family is healthy. My boys are all coming into their own personalities and I am thoroughly enjoying them. My relationship with my family and Darren's family is good and healthy. I have great friends that I can count on in a bind. I just feel very, VERY lucky as we enter this new year. I don't know what I did to deserve all these blessings but I will try not to take it all for granted because you never know what the future holds.
Now on to pictures because I know that is what you really want anyway.
These are from the citywide Chanukah celebration put on by Chabad Houston.




Here is darren trying on Tefilin

Daniel eating his sufganeot (fried donut)

Checking out the helicopter

Partying/ Dancing to the band

And at the end a flame juggler Very cool
2 comments:
Yes, I know EXACTLY how you feel and what you mean because I feel the same way each and every day. We, too, are very blessed with wonderful children who give us so much joy and bring so much laughter into our life. Even though all of their activities keep us crazy-hectic, we are so proud of them and receive so much joy from watching them on stage and cheering for them in sports games. Professionally Marlon's career is going great and he is doing wonderful things and is happy and I am in a good place, very happy with working the amount that I am which gives us some extra money and gives me some professional avenues to balance my life. We, too, are grateful for our relationships with you, Darren and the boys and all of our family on that side, and then of course the family on my side. We love that we have had so many simchas to attend and are looking forward to everyone attending ours next year. We love our friends and appreciate that we have such wonderful, caring communities in our neighborhood, at temple and at school. We love our house and appreciate our material possessions. And most of all, we are grateful for the good health of all of us.
As you probably remember, I've lost two good friends our age to cancer this past year and it has really made us realize how short life can be and how scary it is that everything can change overnight. I worry sometimes that our good fortune cannot continue indefinitely and that the odds are we will be hit with a crisis at some point, but in the meantime I appreciate and thank god daily for everything.
You put into words, Nicole, exactly how I feel, too. Healthy and happy, what more could a person want?
If I would have been there, Daniel would have had to fight me for that sufganeot. Yum.
Post a Comment