Friday, May 15, 2009

Alex's Bday

One week after the birthday party, I have the photos up. Not too terribly behind right?

So the birthday party turned out perfect. The weather was beautiful, not a cloud in sight. Most of our friends and family made it (and we even had a couple kids we didn't know join the party). I didn't feel stressed at all, the kids played on the playground, Darren rounded them up for a little batting practice, we ate, then everyone went home.

I would call that a SUCCESS!


As you will see, by the huge numbers of people, we invited the entire kindergarten class. For a day at the park it was definitely the more the merrier. Had it been in my living room that would have been a different story.


Jody (Darren's sister), Aunt Patti (my aunt), Uncle Frank(my uncle), Cousin Morgan (my soon to be high school graduated beautiful cousin), Bubbie (Darren's mom), Poppy (Darren's dad)





A little bit of ball. I was surprised by the number of kids that knew nothing about baseball. No what direction to hit the ball, no how to run the bases, nothing. So it became a bit of a free for all out there.






Until it became a game of chase with my dad (surprise, surprise) doing the chasing.





A little time to relax ladies?




A buffet of food. Hot dogs (and veggie ones too), nachos, chips, drinks. Basically what you would find at a baseball game.






Doesn't this seem like a joke to you? How many children does it take to fill up a tiny table? It is like a clown car, the kids just keep sitting down and miraculously there is more room. Seriously guys, there were other tables.


And those who enjoyed their hotdogs a bit too much. My mom and brother.


Ian and his sweet friend Javier who receives this tribute because his family will sadly be moving soon and we are devastated.








Alex wanted to eat the entire baseball. This piece was gigantic but hey it was his birthday after all.


My dad, aunt, uncle, cousin


Followed by the opening of the never ending presents. And amazing gifts at that. Alex must really be liked is all I have to say.
And today is Alex's actual birthday. He took cookies to school, he got to pick out his own dinner (spinach fettuccine with butter/sage sauce and cheese stuffed mushrooms), he played a tball game followed by cupcakes to celebrate. I would say he was happy when he went to bed.
So I must say....To my love, my sweet smiling boy. I can't imagine my life without you. I am a better person for knowing you and blessed that I get to watch you mature and grow. I can't believe you are already 6 yrs old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind me that you bring a camera and I need to be "blog ready"!!

It was a great time and I know my mom will love seeing pictures of Miriam being sporty!

FGJ

Barbara said...

happy bday to alex. i wish we could have been at the party. it looks like a huge success. We got Alex's gift (baseball related!) and will get it in the mail as soon as possible.

Barbara said...

p.s. you still pics and commentary from the bar mitzvah weekend to post! :)