After reading the book "Skinny Bastard" the follow up to my book "Skinny Bitch" we will be going vegan (we think). Darren can't stand to drink milk or have milk products anymore and I can't even look at eggs without gagging. It is going to make for an interesting family transition. Sorry to all the "B"s out there, this isn't all me anymore. Darren is now officially off of all beef, chicken, turkey, etc. He said he isn't bothered by fish yet (although I am). I guess we will be eating at home most of the time and we may be doing the cooking.
Add to that the garden we are trying to create in our backyard, the fact that our boys want to buy worms and create a compost pile, and the planning of another tie-dye party and we are feeling pretty granola.
Saturday, May 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck!!!!
And, I want to come to that tie-dye party. :)
ust so everyone doesn't think I am off the deep end. This is not a political statement. I still fully intend to wear animal products and it doesn't bother me to see others eating them.
The book I just read was graphic enough to give me an aversion to milk and milk products. Since then I am doing research to verify some of the claims in the book and from published aticles I am finding on line the health claims seem to be holding up. I am focusing on independent scientific reaserch and trying to stay away from political propoganda, which both sides have a lot out there.
I am not sure I will be abel to verify the cleanliness claims since only PETA and other organizations with an agenda would be documenting most of those. I guess I could look up the CFR related to the subject but I won't.
Darren
Post a Comment