You know you live in Texas if you are driving through a McDonalds and the vehicle in front of you is a John Deer tractor. I am not kidding folks. This actually happened to me. I tried desperately to get my camera out but by the time I could he had rounded the corner out of my direct line of vision. Oh well... We had a good laugh and Daniel hasn't stopped talking about it since.
I am feeling a little better as far as the reflux and pain, however, I have developed a new fabulous sympton of uncontrollable shaking. Don't know what that is about but I look like I have Parkinsons. It has made it impossible to paint and therefore I am falling behind.
The boys had their first day of school. That was exciting! As my friend Julie so eloquently put it... they were tears of joy rather than tears of saddness this year. Just kidding (sort of) :)
Ian loves his new teacher and is excited. He is sad that his best friend isn't in his class this year.
Alex is happy as he always is.
Daniel stayed late twice already, skipping his nap and playing at school instead. It makes for a cranky afternoon but he is enjoying it. There was a huge step that he will do this. Last year he wouldn't.
My teaching is going great. My partner and I get along well. The kids are adorable and in general. The days zip by as we are doing so much.
This Friday Daniel turns 3! Can you believe it? I sure can't.
Overall I can say I am pretty happy.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad school went well for the boys. My kids want to call them this weekend to hear all about it. what's the shaking all about? i hope you feel better soon ... i'm sure it's making it tougher to start the school year as a mom and as a teacher when you're not feeling well.
I am so sorry we won't be there for Daniel's birthday party tonight. I would hate to get everyone sick though. Give him a big hug from Aunt Audrey.
Time to update. Perhaps the long weekend will provide fodder for your fans!
FGJ
Post a Comment