Sunday, April 26, 2009

Crawfish Boil

Our elementary school has a yearly crawfish boil as a fundraiser. At the last minute we found a babysitter and were able to attend. YAY b/c it was really fun.



I am not going to put everyone's names because I don't know who wants their information out in cyberspace but there are some who you have seen around and should know by now :)

As the evening begins everyone was on their best behavior.


There was a margarita machine and a beer keg to liven things up. That having been said Darren spent most of the evening over with the crawfish. 2.5hrs of eating crawfish made Darren's stomach a bit more than comfortably full. Definitely ate his money's worth.




Then the jello shots arrive and all bets are off. At this point I drank my money's worth.






Here I am in another shot. Woohoo. Oh my goodness I am a woohoo girl :)

I will admit I gave in and tried one crawfish which I almost gagged on. Yuck. Luckily there were tons of mushrooms, potatoes and other yummy veggies for me to eat.

As the evening went on the food got even hotter. As you can see by Julie's face.

Darren was still hanging out with these two gentlemen eating the night away.

Then much later into the evening the music was especially loud and we even got a little dancing in.

And look! Oh my goodness, my husband stepped away from the food for a shot with me :) Love you sweetie.
Overall I would say a successful evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you updated your blog or I might not remember what I did! It was an amazing evening and I want to thank our hosts for opening their home (inside and out) to us all. I can't until next year!

Also, props to the "Jello Shot Gourmets" - who knew EC teachers could get so wild!

REALLY FGJ

angela | the painted house said...

You are much braver than I am! Glad you all had a fun night together.

Barbara said...

wow - what a fun evening. are you sure that was a school sponsored event? we've been to many, many school evenings but we're never allowed alcohol at them! can we move to your school?? :)

when are you going to get back to bar mitzvah/ca trip posts? you only did up to day 2!