Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Okay, I have spent many a blog celebrating the birthdays of others (no not yours, or yours... so don't complain) This time I am taking a moment to celebrate my own birthday. 32 years and going strong.

I had a fun day at work, where I got a birthday party. It happened to fall during teacher appreciation week so I got a latte at work. I made birthday cupcakes with my boys and the infamous Miriam. Then Darren brought me dinner and my gift.... the all new ipod touch. After the initial shock I am really excited. I can get rid of my calendar. I can play games and watch movies. I can blog from the nearest starbucks. :) Very cool (and unnecessary) indeed.

Enjoy a few bday shots.


As it was pointed out to me. I am the queen.


After helping me stir the batter, Miriam got to decorate her own cupcakes with an assortment of goodies ranging from sprinkles to m&ms to gummy bears.


As did the boys.



Then when we ran out of cupcake we dipped our animal cookies in the icing. Thanks for the ideas and afternoon Julie :)

Now everyone, go ahead and wish me a happy birthday. I know you want to :)

6 comments:

MoonNStarMommy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm a new reader, I was searching momdot.com and found you, I have 4 boys - so I was instantly drawn! LOL...

Barbara said...

happy, happy birthday!!!!!!! sounds like a fun, fun day!

Anonymous said...

You can thank me for there actually being a picture of the birthday girl. You are too pretty (and young) to be on the "other" side of the camera for a change of pace.

Happy Happy! We look forward to many more cupcakes through the years.

Love, FGJ

Lauren said...

happy belated!!!! love you!

Anonymous said...

I hate to complain, but you deleted the WRONG posting. No worries, I still love you and your boys.

FGJ

angela | the painted house said...

I've been gone...so this is late but happy birthday to a gorgeous 32 year old! How fun for the kids with the cupcakes.

And, have I told you today how much I love those red stripes in your front room? Love them.