Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Last night, after Daniel spilled some food, I handed him a napkin. Now I know this seems ordinary but his response was priceless. "Thank you mommy for the napkin. That is a good girl." It was so sweet. And he pronounces girl like "goirl"

We have been enjoying our summer. We went to the movies on Thursday. It was Horton Hears a Who. One of those theatres you can sit in, eat lunch and watch the movie. Wonderful!

Friday we were supposed to go do stuff but I woke up on the wrong side of the bed so we didn't. Instead I spent the day organizing the house and felt good at the end of it. Nice to accomplish something.

Today we went to services at Chabad. It was so nice and relaxing. Then we went to my friend Naomi's house for lunch with her family (brothers, sisters, parents, kids, nieces, nephews, etc. included.) I love sitting around the table for hours chatting, discussing, even debating. I left and felt like "This is what Shabbat is about". The boys had a blast and were devastated when it was time to go.

We then rushed to a cubscout pool party. This also was tons of fun. It is nice because Ian and Alex can swim. So they were jumping off the diving board, trying to touch the bottom of the pool. Swimming around, not needing my help. It was fun. Of course, Darren was the one chasing Daniel around so it really was fun for me.

Now, I have spoken with my sister, checked my email, done a little homework, finalized my plans for the mural (which starts this week) and will be off to bed.

We are all happy. We are all enjoying the little time we have to do whatever we want whenever we want. We love sleeping in and no homework. We are all exhausted. Why is it I went back to work again? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.