Thursday, February 26, 2009

We visit my sister

As you can tell I am a bit behind on my photos.
These are from February 14th at my sister's house.

So those of you impatient souls waiting for me to post about your family... be patient (or don't be patient) I will get to you. I promise.

Side note. Work is going well but keeping me very busy and very tired. I won't comment too much on work because you never know who is reading this and it isn't very professional to write about other people's children. You know.

I will tell you that I have been given an invaluable insiders look at teaching. I am getting a much better idea of what is great (and what isn't) about teaching. It has renewed my opinion that I want to be an art teacher. For a period of time I thought I might even get my schooling paid for by the school I teach at but ALAS NO! So I will begin my art classes this summer (hopefully) but I probably won't be enrolled in a program until mid-year or the following fall. I know it seems like I have been talking about and researching this forever but I just want to do it once and do it right!

Okay it is late so let me get back to our fabulous dinner with my sister and her family.


Here we all are (ALL OF US) sitting down to a family dinner. It isn't good when the adults are so outnumbered.


She likes to celebrate valentine's day with fourth of july cupcakes!


Daniel LOVED his cupcakes. Kuddos to Brandon for making them extra large to ensure that everyone would be sugared up on the drive home.


Have you noticed the correlation between how much Darren drinks and whether my sister is around? (See Audrey's 30th birthday photos)


This photo just cracks me up. We were making margaritas and Shawn got a bit overenthusiastic with the salt on his rim. Look at all that salt! Got low blood pressure? Not anymore.


The boys burning off some energy. In a boys mind this involves hitting things, jumping on things and in general being wild.


Daniel showing off his new skill of winking! Gotta love that kid


Here is Riley giving Daniel a lift to his next destination


Alex, Brandon and Ian hitch a ride on Riley's horse. Thank god it didn't break!

Me and my sister (and the little stinker who ran in at the last second to pull on her leg).
We really had such a good time. It has been so much fun having her in town these days.

No comments: