Thursday, December 14, 2006

A comedy of errors

So you would say to yourself how hard can it be to make cookies for the kids teachers? I know. Especially if you are starting with the dough already made. That's why you chose that to do with the boys instead of something more difficult. Well... let me correct you , it can be very difficult as you will see.

Lessons learned:
1.) Don't use wax paper under your cookies as it will make your oven smoke.
2.) Don't assume that b/c your husband is able to make pizza crust on the pan with all the holes in it you can use this same pan for cookies. They will drip into the bottom of the oven and yep you guessed it, make your oven smoke.

So to sum it up. I have made only half of the cookies and have managed to make a giant smoke filled mess of my kitchen :) All the while with Daniel on my back and four other boys running around my house wild (oh did i forget to mention that i was also watching the neighbors two boys while she went to go put their cat down?)

Darren may never leave town again after he hears what i did. Did i mention that it is the last day that darren was out of town and so far this week Ian has had two asthma attacks, I had to call poison control after Ian ate his and Alex's dosages, and I am too tired to think of all the other small things that have happened.

Darren said to me last week "I am not as good at this as you are" If he could have seen me this week he would realize that he is better. When I went to Europe I don't think any of those types of things happened.

Thank god for husbands. Oh and keep your eyes peeled for holiday cards I just sent out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Parchment paper works better than wax paper. It doesn't smoke up but still keeps the pan clean.

We made cookies this afternoon for the class parties tomorrow (last day of school before the winter break...) Our kitchen wasn't full of smoke, but was full of flour pieces of cookie dough (after they cut them out with the cookie cutters), frosting and sprinkles!

I look forward to your card. Ours will hopefully be in the mail this weekend.

Love, Barbara