Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Miscellaneous

So today my dad is going to come pick Ian up from school at 11:30 and take him to Incredible Pizza as a birthday gift. They have bowling, go-cart racing and other fun games and activities. I think Ian will love it. I didn't tell him so it will be a fun surprise.

Oh and Friday when I picked Ian up and was told that they went out to the playground and accidentally left Ian in the classroom. Ian said that they never called his name and so he stayed sitting there. They apparantly have all the kids sit at the tables and call them each by name to get in line. Then after they have called everyone, they go out to the playground. Well Ian says they didn't call his name so he just sat at the table, they went out to the playground and he just stayed sitting there. Really sad. Of course it concerns me that they didn't notice him still sitting at the table and didn't take head count. And it concerns me that he didn't speak up for himself. I don't know what to do. Darren is furious.

And yesterday I put daniel in a sitting position with his hands between his legs (like a tripod) and he stayed sitting. Woohoo, almost there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would definitely let them know that is unacceptable. Even though it would be ideal for kids to start speaking up for themselves at that age, a 5 year old shouldn't be expected to do that and they should notice if they've leaving a kid behind and if they're missing a kid when they're outside. What if they were on a field trip (they probably don't take them anyway, but still...) and they left a kid behind?

Barbara