Glad to tell you that all has returned to normal in our household. We got through the tummy bug in New Braunfels and although Daniel has not quite had his appetite return we are on the way. Out of sheer exhaustion we did force him to sleep through the night and I am proud to say our little 11 month old now is going from 7 pm to 6 am. What a relief!! Let us keep it that way. We stopped by the outlet stores on the way from New Braunfels to Houston to buy Ian his uniforms as school begins at the end of this month. I can't believe I already have a kindergartner. How time flies. And in one month Daniel will be one year old. It seems only yesterday that I was blessed (or cursed depending on the day) with this child. He seems capable of loving so much but is so incredibly vocal when he does not approve of our behavior :) I will be sure to upload some photos today- although sadly the "underwater camera" I bought at walgreens to capture our fun Schlitterbahn experience did not do so well under water and leaked destroying all the film. I do have some cute pictures though as well as video of daniels new pic-a-boo games and alex's new trick of ear wiggling that he must have inherited from Darren as I still can not do it.
I will leave you with this self deprecating story from last night. After dinner we tend to give the boys a bath, well when I undressed Daniel and put him in the bath tub he FREAKED out. He was screaming and wouldn't sit still so I thought to myself "he is definitely of the age where he is experiencing some separation anxiety so maybe it would be better if I undressed and got in tub with him" Well once I was undressed and in the tub he proceed to scream even more. Now what could be wrong with this child? "Oh you are grabbing at my breasts and I have not nursed you in 5 hrs. THAT could be the problem" But now I am stuck naked in the bathtub nursing my naked baby and no towel close by waiting for Ian and Alex to come bounding in ready for their turn at the bath. "Darren!!" I am yelling to no avail as my husband is either deaf or ignoring me, or both you say. But alas he comes to save me only to laugh hysterically at my situation. Such comfort he provides! I wonder where Alex gets those laughing while you punish him fits from??? Oh by the way. Alex started laughing while Darren tried to punish him yesterday only to cause Darren to go into a laughing fit as well. How do I get anything done around here?
Tomorrow the boys will begin a two week acting camp where they get to write their own play, designate parts, design the set and costumes and perform on the last day. I think it will be lots of fun and they will enjoy doing it together. Will let you know how that turns out.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am trying to envision the tub scene...lets just hope that doesn't appear as a scene in the acting-camp play.
You all have a lot of fun at your house!
I can understand exactly where Darren is coming from with the laughing at Alex laughing at him. Do you think it's a family trait? That's the hardest part of my job, not cracking up when I need to be serious.
JOdy
It must be a family trait b/c I was not laughing the other night! And Angela when you say we have a lot of fun ... did you read the past few posts??
The bathtub story is hilarious. I can just picture it.
It IS frustrating when you can't help but laugh when you shouldn't laugh at them. That happened here just a few days ago. Michela was mad at Marlon for something that she thinks he did to her (which was just being firm/disciplining her) and she came in to me and said "mom, you have GOT to learn to control your husband." Very inappropiate and disrespectful, of course, but funny nonetheless!
Kindergarten is very, very exciting. What day is his first day of school? We'll want to call and congratulate him that night and see how it went.
Quite a school year of firsts for several of the Boarnet kids -- kindergarten for Ian, middle school for Harrison and upper elementary (which is 4-5 at our school) for Jacob and Michela!
Acting camp sounds great - are they following in their big cousin's footsteps? We'll have to hear how they like it! When we see you in october (unless you're overseas), we'll have to watch at least parts of the Beauty and the Beast DVD's because now your kids are older and will probably really enjoy watching their cousins on stage after having done acting camp. If you videotape their "end of camp performance" then we can have a movie fest to watch all the performances together! :)
Yes, being sick is NOT fun...but otherwise...
Post a Comment