Thursday, July 19, 2007

scrapbooking, museums and other family fun

Sorry it has taken me so long to FINALLY post on the blog. First I was gone for the weekend scrapbooking. Lots of fun. I got 75 pages completed over the weekend without pulling any crazy allnighters. For me the weekend off was as much about getting sleep as getting some scrapbooking in. I got caught up to December 2006 and all my pictures organized. I had fun sitting and chatting with Orit and Jody and last but certainly not least the food was excellent. Overall a good time.

Then Jody came back with me to Houston to have a Southern Living party and spend some time with the boys. That was lots of fun as well. The boys really enjoyed having her around. We went to the Houston Children's Museum as well as the Woodlands chidren's museu. We went shopping for some new clothing (Ian has had a growth spurt and no longer fits in his pants) and had to go to Cavendar's boot city for pants slim enough to fit him. While there both boys got cool Texas style belts with large belt buckles. They will definitely look like they are from texas if we are to move anywhere :)

The party was a success in my book as I got a few free items and got to spend quality time with a few friends (few being the key word because only 2 of my friends and 1 of jodys came) but once again the food and company were excellent and we all enjoyed ourselves. I can't wait for everything to arrive.

Darren left town yesterday and is returning today. Tomorrow we are going to go up to New Braunfels for almost a week. We look forward to spending time with bubby and poppy, meme, jody and jack, trent and mark :) We will go to the children's museum there (noticing a pattern) as well as a day at schlitterbahn that my boys are really looking forward to. darren will be flying out of san antonio to new jersey for most of the week so he will miss out on most of the fun- sorry darren.

My mom is still up with my sister and will be coming home next week. It sounds like everyone is doing well. Check out photos...

Audrey, Riley Joseph and Brandon
Boy Brandon looks happy to be a big brother. Hope he is this happy in a few weeks :)
And that baby looks just like his older brother. I can't believe it!
Will try to post from New Braunfels next week and will definitely take lots of pictures.
Till then.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm so jealous! I haven't scrapbooked in over 2 years and am so, so far behind - at least 3 or 4 years behind. One of these days I hope to catch up, but we're so busy that I don't know how I'll ever find the time. Glad you got to spend a nice weekend with Jody and that she came back to your house as well.

The trip to New Braunfels sounds great. I wish we could have gone at this time as well, but the kids start school next wed, so this week wouldn't have worked for us. Plus, with coming in October, we didn't feel that we could justify spending the couple of thousand to come in July and then again in october.

Have fun and think of us while you're there! Be sure you let me know how the clothes are.

angela | the painted house said...

Yea, you're back! 75 pages?! I'm in awe.

Congrats to your sis--he is a cutie!

Have fun in the Hill Country!