Wednesday, July 25, 2007

New Braunfels 3

Well things could be better. It is 3 am and as my stomach is upset I am drinking Gatorade and typing a quick post.

Luckily Daniel has not caught the stomach bug everyone else got. The night before last night I was taking care of Alex who luckily only threw up once and in the toilet and Ian who kept throwing up but never made it to the toilet (he usually just started while sleeping). Luckily there were many sets of sheets to change and a big THANKS to Barbara for sending bunches of pajamas as a majority of them were used being that I didn't pack enough changes of clothing in case of stomach bug.

We took the boys to the doctor yesterday and luckily by bedtime boys boys were able to hold toast and a bit of gatorade down. Alex even ate some chicken. Daniel got started on an antihistamine/ anti-nausea medicine to help with the previous cold so hopefully he will be able to eat solid foods again - the constant nursing is a bit draining. And finally and most excitedly on my part Darren will be home in less than 24 hrs.

I will admit I broke down and bought a jumperoo b/c with feeling sick I just couldn't chase Daniel one bit more. It feels like wasted money for a last child but so be it. When you reach your breaking point you do what you have to do.

Off to bed again. Hopefully things are looking up and I can post a last day of some fun activities and maybe even some pictures :) I never even got to write about the super fun day we had at Schliterbahn as it was so quickly overshadowed by everything else - will do that too :)

1 comment:

Barbara said...

So sorry to hear that the stomach bug has put a damper on your vacation! I was so bummed out that we were there with you, and I still wish we could have come too, but I guess it's good that we didn't all have stomach bugs. That would be a lot of vomitting! :) Hope everyone is feeling better soon and glad to hear that the sending of the pj's was perfect timing.

How were all the other clothes?

We're doing good - today was the first day of school - can you believe it? Harrison started middle school (6th grade) and Jacob and Michela started upper elementary (4th grade). They definitely aren't babies anymore. Our school is k-8 so no one changed schools. But Harrison decided he needed deoderant for middle school, so of course Jacob and Michela wanted their own deoderants too, so they all three put on their deoderant this morning, making me feel very, very old to have 3 kids wearing deoderant!