

Sooo... who knew my family would have a girl- Congratulations to my brother Ted and his (ehem...) Girlfriend Whitney (my boys think they are married) on their beautiful baby girl Addison (addy). I now officially blame Darren for the three boys - just kidding I love them terribly and wouldn't trade them for the world.
Speaking of the boys. I learned today that the reason Ian is so obsessed with skipping first grade is because the GT teacher at his school told his teacher that "Ian should skip first grade." Ahhh, be careful who you talk in front of. We did break down and begin the process of testing (IQ etc. for placement into GT programs) He cracks me up. I asked him about the test and he told me LOTS of information. When he was telling me what he got wrong I asked him
"Did he tell you what you got wrong?"
"No" he says "I was looking at the sheet he fills out. If I got it right I got 2 points, If I only got part of it right I got 1 point, Otherwise I got 0 points. Next time there will be some questions that have 3 points, I looked at his sheet for next time"
"No" he says "I was looking at the sheet he fills out. If I got it right I got 2 points, If I only got part of it right I got 1 point, Otherwise I got 0 points. Next time there will be some questions that have 3 points, I looked at his sheet for next time"
"Ahhh" What do you say to that. He is outsmarting the psychologist. Our hands are full.
My friend Kathy decided to get Daniel to Kathy today. I can no pleasantly announce that he walks around saying Ca-Ca . No it is not potty talk. Thanks Kathy (or Ca-Ca as you are now foundly referred to :) )
Alex excitedly is learning about the human body. They made pretend intestines at school today. That is a fun thing to bring home. It is pretty neat that he finally has found something he is excited about.
And lastly I am announcing Alex's birthday party theme will be --- "Webkinz" so if you don't know about them go brush up. It will be very small. Family and 4 other friends. Everyone will take home a party favor of a webkinz, which they would have made outfits for at the party. I can only afford this because there are only 4 of them but I am glad it will be something they can keep rather than the crap (excuse my language) we normally get at parties. This DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT mean everyone should buy him a webkinz. Books are always a fabulous alternative :)
Have a great evening. I am going to crawl into bed and listen to my audio book, maybe even have a glass of wine.
3 comments:
congrats to your brother and Whitney. The baby is adorable.
Meme's lineage in general tends to produce boys. In all of the 4 Boarnet kids and 2 Cohen kids and all of the 11 great grandkids (so that's 17), there are only THREE girls - Jody, Nicole and Michela.
I didn't know you were thinking of skipping first grade for Ian. He definitely *is* gifted, I agree. He's November, so is he old for his class or young for his class?
Sounds like everyone is doing well!
Or everyone get Alex books on webkinz :)
we aren't thinking of moving him up. just trying to find the right classes etc. He did not do well on the testing at the beginning of the year so I want to be sure he gets placed into a good gifted program next fall.
Post a Comment