Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spelunking Pictures

And our spelunking trip begins.
Here I am ziplining above the tree tops and trying to video tape at the same time.
Here is my mom, repelling down the cliff.
Here I am repelling.
Here I am again repelling. I am so proud to say we conquered our fear of heights and did it.
There were areas where we had to walk through places that were almost waterfalls.
Look at these AWESOME rock formations.
Go MOM!
And there were areas you just had to jump into the water and pray it was really deep enough you wouldn't break your legs :)

Here we are wet, cold and climbing through the cave.
Very cold. I didn't realize the amount of time we would be wading through water and swimming! Should have dressed warmer.
Do you see the ceiling right above my head? We had that couple feel of room between the ceiling and the top of the water because it was the "dry season" with low water. I can't imagine what it would have been like with less room.
Here is my mom "sliding" down the rocks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole, I never think I really saw a good picture of your mother, my gosh you look so much like her. Looks like you both had a great time, good for you, you deserved that. Love ya, Teresa

angela | the painted house said...

Wow, that is so ADVENTUROUS! What a fun getaway...how did all the men fare?