Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Putting out the good vibes

The older I have gotten the more I believe that when you try to put good vibes out into the world, it will come back to you. Proof of this happened to me just yesterday when I was interacting with the lady from ebay we are buying our webkinz from. I was buying 5 from her and she commented on my ebay ID - talks about how fun boys are - I know a shocker. Well I asked if she had two more to sell me, combine shipping, make my life easier and she included 2 extra webkinz at no additional cost!!! Can you believe that? Who in this world today does something like that? I would like to think that things I have done are coming back to me in good carma. Is this true? Who knows but I feel the more positive my attitude is, the better my life around me is. I don't think it is a coincidence. Now Alex is impatiently awaiting his webkinz, which weren't even mailed until today. Imagine how long a May birthday party is going to feel...

Tomorrow Ian starts piano lessons and the boys both start soccer. Let the mommy chaufering begin :) I am telling you , I need a mini-van to accomplish all that is awaiting me in future years. If I can not carpool I don't know how I will be everywhere.

Daniel spent all day testing my authority (I know a shocker). He has decided to play with the stove and although I am not a huge advocate for corporal punishment this deserves a smack on the hand. Well this went on for a while. Pull up the stool, play with the stove, smack the hand, scream like I am whipping him, need to be held, then... pull up the stool, play with the stove, etc., etc. Why can't you just get it? I am not going to let you play with the stove. I keep rearranging the furniture to prevent incidents like this but he just finds other ways around it. What to do? He definitely would be our last, even if he was first. But he is so darn cute you have got to love him.

Darren gets back from Seattle tomorrow. Thank goodness because if I don't have some time to myself (and someone to help with dishes) I may go crazy. He is not allowed a job that requires a lot of travel because he is too needed here!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Welcome to my world of Chief Chauffer of the family. It gets crazy sometimes and I often need our mini van to shuttle the extra kids around. It's not unusual for me to have up to 5 ot 6 extra kids. But then there are many times when those moms have MY kids, so it all works out. Carpooling is great. I often say that I should stick a "taxi cab" thing on top of our van and pick up some "fares" when I'm in between dropping off and picking up so that I can actually make some money driving around town!

Jacob and Michela love webkinz too. They'll wish they can be at Alex's party!

Anonymous said...

So does that mean that when bad things happen that you have done something to deserve it?