Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My family CRACKS me UP!

My mom and I have finalized our "vacation" plans and we will be taking a quick weekend trip to Puerto Rico. We have our crazy plane schedule and beautiful hotel room booked. We even booked a spelunking tour which I have wanted to do for a while now. I am a bit concerned now that it is booked that maybe we are a bit crazy and will chicken out - after a mini-panic attack. It is supposed to really be a once in a lifetime experience we couldn't pass up.


You can learn about it at http://www.adventurespr.com/default.html Click on adventures, then caving. You can read about it, see pictures and even read reviews. It should be quite exciting and I am sure to have a ton of video and pictures to share when we return. Exploring caves, wading through rivers, bats, roaches and scorpians, repelling 200 feet and zip lining should make for some great blogging :)


Onto tamer topics. Ian and his friend wrote a letter to the president, thanking him for his service. Thought I would share:




Alex celebrated his 100th day of school today. Everyone got to bring 100 of an item to school. Do you know what he picked. ROCKS. This is his favorite thing and it cracks me up. He will definitely enjoy spelunking one day, my little geologist in the making.

Alex's sense of humor is quite sophisticated. Here is our conversation:
Alex: I don't want to go to Cafe Express
Mom: Cafe Express has lots of food you will like. They have hamburgers, sandwhiches, soups...
(Alex proceeds to kick the back of my seat)
Mom: Stop kicking my chair.
Alex: They serve Stop kicking my chair. Mmm... I would love to taste stop kicking my chair.
Mom: Hardy, Har, Har...


Ian continues to be engrossed in presidential politics. His class is having a who can come up with the most words that start with the letter P. They have to write them down in a notebook and bring them to school. Ian has already filled one page with 60 words. Although there are some of the words you would think of in there like pig, pencil, etc. We have a lot of words one would not normally think of like puffin, parachute, pulse and pennsylvania. I thought I might have to provide some prompting but this appears to be a fantastic all encompassing activity. Alex is not being of help saying words like potty and poop which have not been added to the list.


Daniel continues to demand exactly what he wants!! If he would speak it, life would be so much easier. He is however thoroughly entertained by the boys and life in general. I have never been around someone who was so happy before. Alex and Daniel share a special bond and I love to watch them together.


Oh, and while at REI today (investing in some supplies for my forementioned trip) I met a lady who has two boys named "Ian and Alex" how creepy is that? I about died. I informed her that her next son should be named Daniel. What are the odds? Is she secretly an "Our Family" blog lurker who doesn't post and hasn't introduced herself but mimics my behavior in a "single white female" moment?

How was your week? I know that most of you reading (and I know who you are as I can track you with my super powers) are capable of posting a comment. Go ahead. Be a trend setter, go for it. If you are lucky I may even respond. Post topics you were hoping I would discuss or tell us how the weather is near you or even better tell us all how fabulous you think I am- this is after all a blog about me... :)

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Girl, you are more than fabulous...I mean, you are going SPELUNKING! That is an activity I reserve only for punchlines.

Barbara said...

I didn't know you were taking a trip with your mom. How exciting and fun. marlon and I were in Puerto Rico the last time we were away alone together -- when jacob and michela were THREE (they're nine now, we're due to go away again!). Marlon had a conference. The town was really cute and we had fun walking around, eating, etc. Didn't try spelunking, of course - I think I had a massage and read about 5 novels! (Marlon was there for a conference, we were there a week.)

Ian's letter is adorable.

You know I'm not one of the non-commenters! :)