Daniel was not so sure about the horses. I think he is thinking "Why are those dogs so big?"
Here are the men in my life feeding the horses. We didn't allow any riding this time due to the fact that Alex fell off last time.
We decided to go visit the statue of Sam Houston. We haven't ever been and though, "we drive by every day lets go check it out" As we entered there was this head you could get up close and personal with.
Alex, Ian and Grandma
And who can resist picking a giant nose?
Here is the statue in all its glory.
Daniel getting a ride.
Then we went to the Sam Houston Memorial Park, a living history museum, in an attempt to find a letterbox. It was gone already :(
Ian and Alex. Don't you love the attire. They wanted to wear shorts but I wouldn't let them (as it was chilly when we left in the morning) so they put their shorts on over their pants. A definite fashion statement.
This was Sam Houstons house.
Back to the "farm" to ride the tractor before we head out.
My parents sheep.
I won't think of roosters the same after this trip. Ian was trying to pretend he was a chicken walked around the chickens clucking like a chicken. Well this rooster DID NOT like that so it started chasing him, flying at him, trying to peck him. I have never seen someone so scared in my life. Ian was hysterical running away from it and it just kept attacking him. I stepped in attempting to shoo it away but until it got a kick it wouldn't leave Ian alone. I guess he shouldn't mess with the chickens :)
Daniel wants a chance to ride the tractor also...
I LOVE this photo. You can see how much fun Alex is having!
Bye-Bye. Time to go home.
4 comments:
What a nice day with your family! Hey, I recognize the black shorts with the two white stripes Alex was wearing in the picture with the shorts over the pants. I'm pretty sure Michela used to wear those over leggings sometimes too (before we gave them to you.) I love seeing my kids clothes in your kids pictures. I have some more to send you.
We liked to play "how many minutes to Sam" when we would drive to DFW. As soon as we spotted him on the horizon we would guess how many minutes until we passed him. It was a game that gave an unfair advantage to the person in the driver's seat. Really, it was no fun at all.
But your day looked like lots of fun! Sheep, roosters, horses!
Yeah, we had a pretty good time. It is like visiting two kids so my kids enjoy themselves.
mom and dad killed the rooster that pecked brandon on the pecker. Needless to say he hates chickens now.
Post a Comment