Friday, March 28, 2008

Been a while?

I know, I know... You are thinking "you posted 50 posts in 2 days and then you make us wait a week for another post!" I am sorry I have been too busy to give you your fix. But the time is now here!


Alex had a playdate today and I must admit I do not understand 5 yr. old humor. He and his friend were cracking up over jokes like "what do you call a dog who is barefooted" "bare dog" What? That doesn't even make sense! Oh well they were amuzed.


Ian recieved an "I love you " plate from one of his classmates. He gets a lot of female attention which he does not seem to realize is out of the norm. I am not completely sure why as I would think he would be a bit nerdy but... at 6 he is sought after. I assume it is because he is nice to them but who really knows.


Daniel has a new word. Happy. Pronounced "appy" so all day long i hear appy,appy,appy. i am on the phone and in the background it is appy,appy,appy. Okay already we know you are appy! He also wants to sit on the toilet, so even though I know potty training is still years away, we are breaking out the little potty again. I just don't enjoy holding his little tiny bottom over that big toilet envisioning him falling in.


Another note about Daniel (hey I spend more time with him during the day). He is going to drive me batty getting into everything, EVERYTHING! I have moved more furniture around TRYING to make the living room childproof enough that I could go pee by myself for 1 minute. But alas, I have failed. I don't know that I will be able to go to the bathroom or cook without a little one underfoot. I will keep trying though. Now the long awaited photos from the rodeo...



Me and the boys. One of the rare photos that I am in.
Ian looking enthralled.
Alex happy to be eating "junk"
Daniel was pretty awestruck by one of those toys they were selling at an outrageous price!
You are kidding me, your stomach hurts? How is that possible after the corndog, nachos, fries, popcorn and cotton candy? I guess I am doing something right that their stomachs hurt and aren't acustomed to that kind of food.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darren needs a cowboy hat too
JACK

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, we miss the rodeo! Looks like you all had fun--and dressed the part, too! Love that.

You look beautiful with your boys. Are you all standing in the "dairy area?" Years ago when Clayton and I went there was a section called the "dairy area" and we, as very immature adults, thought this was very funny since it kind of sounded like "diarrhea." To this day we still say "dairy area" in a mumbled way and think it is just the funniest. I can't believe I just typed all that out.

Anonymous said...

I have one. Just didn't wear it. Believe it or not, and this is strange to say, I need to get it streached just a little since I now have more hair.

Darren