Then we ran over to the Wildlife Center in Alvin for a picnic lunch, and some cool animal viewing. You get to ride a tram throughout this park and the animals come up and shove their heads in the tram looking for food. I am talking WILD animals... buffalo, emus, longhorns, zebras etc. It was fun. I got some great pictures of my parents being mauled by these animals.
Daniel decided that the food pellets they sell you would be a good lunch and shoved one in his mouth. Beyond the fact that it is DISGUSTING to think about eating an animal pellet can you imagine how dirty that container was the pellets were sitting in. All the hands that have touched it. AND we are assuming he got the pellet from our container and not the ground but as no one saw him eat it we can't be sure. So he sucked on it for a little while before we realized so it dissolved in his mouth into what I can only describe as looking like bird crap (excuse my language). I would have taken a picture of his disgusting grin if I wasn't frantically trying to wipe it out of his mouth. But once it dissolves there is not getting it out, no matter how much you wipe. He was so proud of himself and due to the scene he caused we had several instance of fake eating just to see if he would get a similar reaction. And guess what... he did!
There was a petting zoo consisting of a TON of goats and a pig - some petting zoo- and some pony rides. Then we drove home in our fabulous van with DVD player where Daniel immediately passed out. (I know how do you expect someone to stay awake after a full belly of animal pellets, it is like turkey on thanksgiving).
We made a quick trip to the park and then out to dinner for pizza. It was delicious but I must say my parents eyes are bigger than their stomachs. They went home with 4 to go containers. Now everyone is tucked in bed and I am ready to pass out with exhaustion. Pictures to be posted soon as well as some video of Ian and his air guitar at the Brooks and Dunn concert yesterday. Can't wait until summer for so many more adventures. Now that Daniel is old enough we have so many things to experience- I hope my parents will accompany me as extra hands on some of our adventures, MUCH EASIER.
3 comments:
I just have to say that my stomach hurts from laughing so hard at Daniel eating the pellet!
Jody
Yes, that is very funny. Gross, but funny! I'll be interested to read your post tomorrow to find out whether it came out in his poop! :) (Only a fellow mom would think of that, right?)
The whole day sounds fun and I'm so glad you're enjoying such nice outings with your parents.
The strawberry picking sounds great. I love doing that. Did I ever tell you about the time we went when Jacob and Michela were about 3? The farm here in Irvine lets you sample the strawberries as you pick them (within reason) and they told us that we could taste them out in the field. I was helping Jacob and not paying attention to Michela at that moment. One of our friends that we were with started cracking up and calling for me to come over. Michela had made her way down an entire row, eating the strawberries straight from the vines, so there were all of these half eaten strawberries hanging there with bites out of them just about her height and there she was with a completely strawberry covered face!
Needless to say, I gave them quite a big donation that day!
Holy Blogdom, Woman! I skip a day reading and then there is ALL this new and wonderful going-ons at your house. You guys have been having fun! Do I really have to say how completely freaked out I would have been if that pellet had been in the mouth of one of my kids? Didn't think so.
Post a Comment