Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Daniel's first day

Daniel's first day went amazing. He loved the class. He made a new friend who he lovingly refers to as Natey Bear. (ie. Nate). He was excited one of the Mrs. H's came into his class. I could tell it just wasn't the same though. He kept talking about how the Mrs. H's are so nice. Today we will try the new class for a second time, hopefully with the same results.

Ian started art and is loving it. It is amazing what a difference working with someone who is not your mother will make. Currently he is reading a children's book about Marc Chagal.

I had a wonderful time with Alex and Daniel while Ian was in art. We got to spend an hour together with nothing to do but enjoy each other's company. We walked to the children's museum and went to their library. Stopped by a sculpture garden and returned. We have so many ideas for what we will do to fill time on those days!

Today I go to my orientation at school. I get to help plan my first curriculum. I am very excited. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

the art and what you and the other two did during that time sounds great.

I'm Daniel had a great first day at his "new class," but please refresh my memory what class this is. did he move schools again? or is this something different?

great regarding your orientation, but more details on that, too, please! is this at Daniel's school????