As most of you know, I accepted a job teach a younger toddler class at my son's school. I am excited, nervous and every feeling you can imagine. I know the age and LOVE 1 1/2 to 2 year olds. They are like little sponges that take up everything that you do. They are still young enough that they will cuddle but not old enough to sas back and fight you on everything. Every experience is new and exciting. That having been said I never had 8- 2 yr olds.
I will be working 5 days a week from 8:30-12:30. It is the perfect fit into my schedule. I just extended Daniel to 5 days from 3 days and he seems happy. I was worried about whether I would be able to continue volunteering at Ian and Alex's school but it appears all the stars were aligned for me because I will. Daniel will stay longer on the days I volunteer at Ian and Alex's school and teachers were happy to have me move the times from morning until afternoon. So, who says you can't have your cake and eat it too!
All of that having been said. I have been coming up with all sorts of ideas that I want to do with the kids in my class. Many of them have to be adapted for the ability level and many will never be done but... I don't want to lose or forget the ideas. So... I created a blog of my ideas. I was going to just create a word document but I thought if I am already typing them up why not share them. So, go check out toddlerartideas.blogspot.com and let me know what you think.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad everything is working out well. Is this a jewish school or secular? the new blog looks great.
This is the book I was telling you about http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Judaikitsch/Jennifer-Traig/e/9780811831888/?itm=1
Post a Comment