Sunday, January 11, 2009

sad news

Tonight i spoke with a very old friend of mine and found out that she was cut back from full time to 18 hrs a week and her husband was laid off on Thursday. They have lost their benefits. They have lost most of their salary. They are devastated.

Times like this scare me. It seems overwhelming to think about the possibility of a lost job. I am so thankful for this new job and the slightest bit of security we are feeling.

We have cut back on almost all our expenses. The crunch has been on and other than the 6 boxes of girl scout cookies Darren couldn't resist, we really have very little extraneous spending in our budget. I had hoped to use my extra income for fun but really it is probably just going to become a rainy day fund. God forbid we were in that situation!

I will say a prayer tonight for each of you who I know (and those I don't) that your lives will have peace and happiness. My heart goes out to those who don't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend and her husband. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Barbara said...

i'm sorry about your friend. times are indeed tough for many. we're fortunate that we haven't really been too affected, but we're trying to make some cuts as well.

tell us more about your job!