We went to the Museum of Natural Science and I think it was a huge success. How could it not be? Big dinosaurs, lots of interactive exhibits, stuffed animals attacking each other (think lions not teddy bears), and digging for fossils. The boys (Ian, Alex and Ashton) loved getting dirty in the sand.
When we have an experience like this it makes me so sad that they moved. Ashton and Alex would have made good friends. I truly do believe this.
If you can see, Juliette over in the corner was not as thrilled about getting dirty.
But towards the end she did venture out. Who can resist?
Finally, me with Angela. Somewhere we have to have pictures of us. She is better about getting in photos than I am. I find months go by and people who read my blog must wonder, who is this woman writing?
On a completely diffferent note. For our teacher gifts this year we gave each of our 4 teachers a recipe book of our favorite recipes. This sounded like a personal, yet inexpensive, way to show the teachers how much we appreciate them and to wish them a happy holiday. The fact that it also incorporates one of my favorite topics, food, is a bonus.
The thing I didn't take into account was the amount of TIME it would take me. I wanted to post photos of the progress while I was doing it, but since a teacher checks my blog I couldn't. So now they are completed and distributed. What do you think?
5 comments:
We loved seeing you all! The kids had a blast. I love how mysterious you make us sound--ha, in our undisclosed location! :) Thanks for the entrance and snack! And please come see us soon! La casa en las montanas will be ready this spring!
I love the recipe cards idea. You certainly went above and beyond with the adorable presentation.
As one of the 4 lucky teachers I can say the recipe cards are a huge hit! You certainly went above and beyond. Daniel also did a nice job - since it was from him.
FGJ (aka Mrs. H. #2 or is it #1?)
Where in the museum is the dig pit?! We go once a month but I haven't seen that. I know they've changed a ton though! I need a good distraction for the 4yo while the 6yo is in classes! LOL
I love the recipe card idea - looks like you put a lot into them and they look fantastic!
great teacher gift idea!
how nice that you got to spend time with Angela and the kids!
thanks for all the pics
the museum dig pit is downstairs in the dinosaur exhibit. I don't know if it is a special exhibit or not but it will defnitely take up time if you are looking to fill it.
Post a Comment