Well I didn't have time to post a happy father's day to my wonderful husband yesterday but I want to take a moment today to do so. I love you so much and you are the best father to our children. There is no way I could have imagined what a wonderful man and father you would be when I met you but now I know that god was smiling down on me that day. Thank you for everything you do - some we remember to notice but often we forget - we are all better people for knowing you.
To my father. We have definitely had our troubles in the past but as I have gotten older I have come to appreciate the things you have done for me that I never noticed as a teenager. Although we don't see you as much as we would like, whenever I really needed you to be here (in college when you drove up to get me, after 911, to watch Ian when Alex was being born) you were there for me.
To Bernie. I don't ever wonder how Darren learned to be a wonderful husband, father, man because he learned it all from you. Darren has always told me that he wanted to be as good a dad as you were to him and we all should take a moment to thank you for that. You have become like a father to me and the many times I could not turn to my own you have been there and I forever thank you for that.
To all the dads in my life, I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment