When we first got married and people would ask me "how is life as a newlywed", I would always respond "hard". It didn't feel like it was the big things in life that caused us difficulty, only the little things - you speaking too loud or my not cleaning up after myself in the bathroom. When we hit years two through four it felt like we hit a blissfully easy period where we worked out the kinks in our marriage and just enjoyed each others company. Then, the dreaded years of having newborns and sleep deprivation hit. I will be honest, we had a rough patch. But let me tell you folks something fabulous about a rough patch... when you make it through to the other side you will never doubt the strength of your relationship again.
I remember when my friend Tammy went through a divorce recently and I worried, "will this happen to us?" I worried until another friend pointed out we know our relationship will work because we have proven we will do the work necessary to make it last.
And thank god we did!!! There is never a day that goes by where I wish there was someone else I was with. I am so blessed to be married to a man who I think is (close your eyes if you are related to Darren) incredibly sexy. I think he is a devoted father and devoted husband. We never doubt where we stand with him, and how lucky am I to be able to say that? He provides for us and gives me the opportunity to do whatever I want to do with my life.
Darren, not to sound too cliche, I love you more today than the day we met. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to get to know you in my life, and I am a better person for it. I love you always.
I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We will report back and tell you everything we did. Ta ta until then!
3 comments:
Happy 10 year anniversary! Time does fly because it definitely doesn't feel like 10 years since we were at the wedding, coaxing Harrison to wear his tux jacket to walk down the aisle as ring bearer and me being as big as a house, 5 months pregnant with Jacob and Michela!
I know you will have many, many more happy years together.
Enjoy your weekend celebration.
Beautiful tribute to your hubby--good times and the bad! And look at that painting, girl! So personal and tender...I know Darren's take on collage, but tell me he loves it. I love your red "x". Now, you two, go have some fun!
Hey! That's great!
Happy Anniversary!
I would love to see your blog listed at HerBlogDirectory.com
karrine.hermedia@gmail.com
Post a Comment