Saturday, May 03, 2008

What a great time!

I frequently feel that as you get older it is more difficult to find good friends. People at this point have known their friends for years and it can be hard to get to know someone new. That having been said... This year I met a new friend at school, Ian's school. We met on the playground (is this sounding like I am not too old to make friends because I act like a 5 year old). Her name is Julie and the more time I spend with her the more I adore her. You know how sometimes you meet a person and think, wow we have a lot in common, and then you don't. Well, with Julie I had no idea how much we would have in common and what a cool gal she is.

This is all just a big lead in to the fact that they came over for dinner last night. Julie, her husband Nick and their daughter Miriam. It was so much fun. Good food (if I must say so myself) and great conversation. They are so incredibly interesting and funny. I just can't rave enough about them. The kids just played on their own in the other room while we talked. We even let the boys stay up until 9:00 p.m. - Can you believe it? Couldn't have been a better evening.

Then they left, the good times were over and it was time to get to work. We set up the trampoline! It took until 11:30 but it is complete. I can not wait to show it to the boys. They are going to flip! Keep an eye out for video of the reveal!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

9:00PM!!! Wow, are we a bad influence or what? The better question is, what time did they wake up?

Anonymous said...

Invasion of the body snatchers. I think Julie is secretly a pod person. I can't believe that my sister let her kids stay up past their bedtime :)

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, I'm jealous! Please, Julie, be my friend, too!