Today was MUCH better. I woke up and told myself that today would be different and guess what.. IT WAS! What a difference a day makes. Daniel and I went to the park with my friend Blythe and her son Bennett. We enjoyed the weather, as it was not blistering hot yet. We sipped our coffees and talked. She confided her own weaknesses (which I won't share with you) and I got to voice my own concerns about my mothering.
Daniel and I went home for dinner and a nap, where I worked on my summer schedule and watched a little Ellen. I picked Alex up and then I got Ian. Here is where the story gets interesting.
So, to back up let me tell you we are reading a book titled "No talking". It is great. In part of the book there is discussion about Gandhi and the fact that he stops talking for one day out of the month. With this new found information, Ian decided he too should stop talking today. Well, he is 6. They tend to not have long attention spans. So imagine my surprise when I picked him up to find out he went the ENTIRE DAY without talking. I was shocked and incredibly proud. How can a child go all day without talking? Well, partially by writing notes. We are all stunned and his teacher wants a copy of the book to read to her class in hopes they will all stop talking too.
We came home and did homework without any problem. Then we were off to the dreaded swim team. The lesson worked beautifully. Ian was swimming (albeit with some difficulty) the entire length of the pool. I butted out and let the instructors do their thing. Ian was excited and impressed that I was right about staying warm if you are actually swimming. Everyone is excited to go again tomorrow.
Lastly, Darren returns tomorrow night. We always miss him so much when he is gone.
Overall a great day!
6 comments:
I'm so glad your day was better today. I figured it would be. Tell Ian that Aunt Barbara swims every day and if I stop swimming to talk to anyone or take a break, I get really cold too!
Really cute pics at the park!
Ah, the sun does shine again! I am so glad you are feeling better. When it is rough for a mom, it is ROUGH!
Ian is a rare bird--meant as a compliment, of course!
Love your new look here!
Love the new template! And it wasn't me this time whose comment got deleted!
Love the new template! And it wasn't me this time whose comment got deleted!
thanks. i was inspired to edit the template a bit by angelas fabulous new blog design :)
Post a Comment