Monday, May 12, 2008

Exciting News!

No, I am not pregnant - deep breathe people. My friend Angela (whose strength inspires me daily and whose family I have prayed for nightly) just found out that her husband is now cancer free. WOOHOO! I am in shock and awe and just am so thrilled for her family. Whatever people say miracles do happen and putting good in the world can reward you. Now we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

This also inspired me to update and organize my What's For Dinner food blog. If you look on the right side of the page you will see that I organized all my recipes by type - for easy searching. If you have any recipes that you love or recipe books you recommend then please send them my way. I would love to try out something new, and you never know, you could end up permanantly on my blog. If there is a recipe that I talked about but you can't find, please let me know. I just know that the foods I am putting into my body affect every part of it.

Also... Thank you everyone for the book recommendations. Have I already said this? We got our first batch in from the library. Exciting stuff and I am so glad to be breaking out of the "Magic Treehouse" series of books. Keep the ideas coming as we crank through books like they are going out of style.

We had a fabulous Mother's Day. The boys went to Sunday School in the morning then we packed up the van and drove to Huntsville to visit my mom. The boys ran around, rode the horses and I got to relax. I also think that being outside, having the sun hit my face and chatting with my mom really cheered me up. I think that I must admit that 6 yrs of being a stay at home mommy is now getting to me. I need to be challenged, I need some adult conversation, I need to feel like I have accomplished something at the end of the day. Also, my husband is getting sick and tired of my rearranging the furniture, and truthfully my legs are sick of the bruises from attempting to do it myself.

As you are all a wealth of information I am going to pick your brains for more ideas. Summer is on its way and it pains me to say that I dread the long days of the boys begging to get out of the house while I complain that it is too hot to go outside. I have the usual arts & crafts activities and trips to local museums and zoos but... I could use a few new ideas to freshen things up a bit. Also, suggestions on things I should do to pep up my own life.

Finally some photos. Ihave gotten lazy about posting them, preferring to lay down and read a good book but now it is time to pony up and share the wealth and fabulousness I call my family.



Here they are enjoying the trampoline. This is hours of entertainment. Can't thank everyone enough.



Here are a few photos from Ian's Piano Recital. We were very proud and he is really enjoying the lessons. He has asked me if he can go twice a week. I informed him that he needs to be practicing every day to go to lessons twice a week.



It was such a pleasure that so many people were able to attend the recital. My parents, Darren's parents and my sister-in-law Jody all cam in from out of town. It makes my kids feel very special.

1 comment:

angela | the painted house said...

Thank you for spreading our GOOD NEWS here. Really, I am exhausted from all the JOY! Isn't that a funny thing to be exhausted from? :)

I love how you arrange things on your dinner's blog. You are doing so great cooking over there. So glad you tried the pecan patties. The vegan ones with brown rice taste almost identical--and they are a little easier since I cook them in the oven. The best thing about either one is that you can make a double or triple batch and put the extras in the freezer for another meal. I love that!

Thank you so much for the info on the trampoline. It looks like so much fun! I love jumping on those things!

What is kosher cheese? And why is it so bad? Worse than vegan cheese? :)