1.) Darren's stomach can not handle a big juicy steak now that we have been vegetarian for a while (as much as he desires it)
2.) We still have plenty to talk about at the dinner table, conversations that don't involve our kids.
3.) Darren now refers to people his own age as older couples.
4.) We both look young enough to get carded at Gruene Hall.
5.) We officially are old because we left before the main act was on and were not amused by the girl peeing in the parking lot.
6.) Nicole doesn't like it when Darren's attempt to be romantic involves the sentence "I am stuck with you good or bad". What? Aren't you supposed to whisper love words in my ears and tell me it has been wonderful. Not that you are stuck with me!! Ahh talk about ruining the mood :)
7.) Sleeping in has now become 7:30 a.m. followed by rolling over and trying to return to blissful dreams.
It really was a great, relaxing, luxurious time. The boys enjoyed it too. Daniel took to calling Esther mom (nice to know I am easily replaced). The boys went out to dinner and listened to live music on the river, followed by chocolate cake. When they woke up in the morning they got donuts and hot chocolate. Noticing a trend? No wonder my kids loved it.
We got to spend lots of time with Darren's parents, grandmother, brother and sister as well as their significant others. As always their was good food and good conversation involved. We went swimming, the boys played at the park and played basketball. We even got to celebrate Darren and Jody's birthday with ice cream clown cones. Thanks to everyone for the good time.
even though he doesn't look it here.
This is Trent looking up information about cockroach hearts and comparing them with the hearts of other living creatures for the boys. Fascinating stuff
Now as I am sure you have all been waiting... the winner of the name that photo contest is Barbara with her title "Bottoms Up" Keep your eyes out for your prize.
5 comments:
Ah, to sleep in until 7:30!
I'm so glad that you all had a fabulous time! What? No photos? I want to see just how stuck with you Darren is. :)
Funny how Clayton also felt yucky after he ate steak last weekend. Hmmm, does this tell us something??? :)
Yes it tells us how bad the meat really is! I believe the book "Skinny Bitches"
Looks like an awesome weekend. I always feel so left out when I see pictures of the whole family enjoying time together and us not being there. :( But of course it's our fault we live so far away from everyone! We're looking forward to June/July when we can be with everyone too!
Happy Bday to Darren and Jody!
p.s. I really won?! Wow. How exciting!!!
You and Darren look HOT!
I am drooling over those grilled veggies! YUM!
Post a Comment