Can you believe that Alex is already five years old. It seems only yesterday he was a tiny baby. I know this is said by all mothers, but it is the truth. I vividly remember his first birthday, where he wore big dumbo ears and
tentatively touched his birthday cake. I remember when he turned three years old and got to move up to the
montessori classroom (from the 2's classroom). The day this happened he would no longer speak to his 2 yr. old teacher, whom he loved so much and told her this fact often, for fear she would make him return to her classroom. I feel as though I remember every joy, laugh, tear, scrape, fight and event that took place in his life. I can't believe that in a blink of the eye 5 yrs have passed and I know that it will be such a short period of time longer where I will be facing girlfriends and driver's licenses. We will be discussing what college you should go to and how you should propose (okay now I know I am living in a dream world as my boys will probably discuss none of those things with me). You are so precious in my life and I thank god every day for you.
Alex's school birthday celebration.
Every good little brother sits in the corner playing computer while you celebrate your birthday.Our family birthday tradition is... if it is your birthday then you get to pick what and where we are eating. We have been all over the place. Ranging from the local
icecream parlor to Joe's
crabshack to special meals at home. Alex, however, decided that this year we needed to eat at McDonald's. He was craving their chicken nuggets and the little toy you get in the happy meal. Now, as you know (or maybe you don't), I am a vegetarian so this disgusts me. I am sure that the McDonald's chain of chicken products are not high end, however, I love him and this is tradition ( we are
aggies after all). So we loaded up the mini-van and went to
McDonald's. I pulled out my camera, in order to look like a complete geek, and now you have proof that I am willing to do almost anything for my children.
Eat up that yummy, ummm chicken. It was so cute that he even wore his birthday crown out to eat.
Daddy and Daniel enjoying some of that chicken too. Mommy stuck to salad.
Alex and Ian having a little fun.
Could these two boys be any sweeter. And they love each other so much.
Wait! Daniel wants in on the fun.The toy in the happy meal was a motion activated matchbox car from Speed Racer. This did become a problem when Alex forgot to remove it from my car. So this means that for several hours every time I started, stopped or turned the vehicle I got to hear the
revving of engines and
screeching of tires. As if this wasn't bad enough, I drove a friend in my car. You can imagine her face as we started off in my mommy mobile to the sound of racing. Needless to say that has been removed!
Then Alex wanted to go out for
ice cream at the local
ice cream parlor. For a five year old this is the perfect end to a fabulous meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment