Don't these berries just make your mouth water?
Fields of strawberries just waiting to picked, becomes hours of entertainment at a very reasonable fee.
Julie (otherwise known as Fun Gal Julie) getting ready to begin. Doesn't she look cute all dressed up for picking berries?
Her first berry (should I dare call her a berry virgin?).
Ian and Alex getting into their groove. Alex was so funny walking around with our Diego bucket and not using the buckets provided by the farm.
Our friend Alice and her daughter Violet. I didn't know they would be there and all I could think was "Don't have that baby out here with us!"
Our friend Cyndy and baby Wyatt on her back. Gotta love that woman. She inspires me every time I am around her. She is such a warm, special, loving person. How could you not aspire to be like her.
Here is Miriam WAY OUT in the fields picking with Daniel. She is such a sweet little girl and a wonderful babysitter :)
Poor Tim, Cyndy's husband, got stuck with my boys. I don't think Alex stopped talking the entire time we were picking berries. God only knows what all he had to say to Tim but boy did he really like Tim and want to be around him.
And then the eating began. Once the boys realized they could eat these berries there was no stopping them.
Ian's "really, we can eat them?" cracked me up. He is such a rule follower he would never consider eating them unless told to.
This photo of Alex is hilarious. With his hat on inside out, that boy is always out to make a fashion statement.
No, this is not my child, this is Taylor (Cyndy and Tim's son) Love that berry all over the face. I have an alarmingly few number of photos of Daniel picking berries. I guess that is because I was busy chasing him when he was within photos reach :)
The happy family (Tim, Cyndy and Wyatt) ready to finish up the day.
We put Miriam and Alex to work pushing Daniel and the berries around. Seriously, they begged to do it but it does appear to be a bit child laborish.
And the clan is ready for lunch. Too many babies and pregnant women to last much longer :)
So we all sat down, ate our picnic lunches and listened to Tim play his guitar. Ian and Alex almost fell over on themselves when he pulled it out. They were in heaven making requests for a long list of songs that time (rightly so) didn't know.
They did some tree climbing
3 comments:
For the the record, I am not a berry "virgin" as I have been a picker for many years. I am however a virgin at that particular location so thank you for gently guiding me through the experience!
The "H" family had a great time too and now we are busy searching strawberry recipes.
FGJ
I have a great recipe for strawberry pie if anyone wants it!
great photos and looks like a fun day.
one time we went berry picking and i wasn't watching jacob and michela close enough. i looked at michela and her mouth was covered with berries. we then realized that there was a whole row of berries with bites taken out of them! she was eating them straight off the vine. she was about Daniel's age. Guess my kids weren't as good of rule followers as ian! the guy who owned the farm thought it was so hilarious that he wasn't even upset about it!
Post a Comment