Friday, after finishing homework, Ian and I went to Shabbat services. Now please remember that I haven't attended services without three children in some time. It was so PLEASANT. We sat, we cuddled, we prayed and I was in awe about what a wonderful young man he is becoming. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had recently. I pray for many more.
Saturday, now that is when the craziness begins... I will write this in two parts as Darren and I split up.
Part 1:
Daniel and I woke up, got dressed and then dashed out the door to visit my friend Jill. I find it helpful if Daniel does the leaving rather than be left behind. He gets terribly upset when he thinks he is missing out on something. Jill was having a garage sale so we crashed it and hung out for a couple hours.
Then we headed on over to Lowes to buy additional supplies for our "garden". This took about 1 1/2 hours to buy the supplies and have the 20 cinder blocks loaded into my van. The part I didn't take into account was how I would get all those cinder blocks OUT of my van, in addition to the bricks for Daniel's garden, the planters tubs and the two 40lb bags of dirt. So, the next hour was spent unloading. Note to self "when attempting to do something unrealistic and unreasonable make sure Darren is around to help me out of a bind."
Daniel ate McDonald's for lunch in the backyard while I continued to unload. Note to Daniel's self "Chicken McNuggets don't taste as good when dipped in the dirt." This is when Daniel went down for a nap and I grabbed a quick shower.
I woke Daniel up from his nap to hit a quick birthday party. This was for a friend of his from the new class. I was hoping to meet some of the mom's but it didn't work out like I hoped. As the end of the year approaches I am thinking that I probably won't meet that set of moms and will just try again next year if they share a class.
Then we drove the 1.5 hrs to my mom's house in Huntsville. I know you are thinking I am crazy but these are the things we do to prevent the heartache our children will feel. The sadness Daniel would feel knowing they went without him. So I am driving to Huntsville to spend some time with my parents.
My mother cooked up a storm for us- vegetarian and milk free thank you very much. We all played and ate then Daniel went down to bed exhausted. My mom and I sat up pretty late chatting and trying on a few outfits she thought I might like. The next morning we were up at the crack of dawn (thanks to the rooster). We went to see the giant statue of Sam Houston,

we went to the local feed store. Then we finished up the day with a fantastic egg salad lunch. We managed to keep Daniel entertained and didn't get pecked to death by the attack rooster (previously mentioned)
We rushed home to catch the second half of Ian's first soccer game of the season. At 3:00pm. the boys needed to be bathed, we still needed to make our shopping list and go to the grocery store, we needed to begin laundry and the house was a general wreck. I can honestly say I was feeling a bit overwhelmed at that point but now that it is 9:00 and we have accomplished most of our tasks I am winding down with a little blogging.
Part 2- To come....
1 comment:
Next time Darren can take Brandon and Shawn camping and then you and Daniel can come to our house :) Or just Daniel can come over and you can go to a spa!
Post a Comment