Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Shabbat Shalom

We had such a nice Shabbat dinner this past Friday. It was the same food we serve every Friday (breakfast for dinner- eggs, pancakes (or waffles), soy sausage, sometimes potatoes, etc.). Now I know you are thinking, that isn't a traditional shabbat dinner, but it is what the boys love. And isn't Shabbat about relaxing and enjoying the experience? So we go with breakfast foods.

We had challah. We lit the candles. We had a special "shabbat drink" of orange juice, grenadine, (and for the adults champagne) with cherries in it. (This counts as wine right). The boys loved it. We all chatted. We didn't argue. We just relaxed. It was really nice.


Now I know they don't look so thrilled but it was me taking the picture, not the food itself. :)

On a side not. I spent all day yesterday scrapbooking. Now I didn't get any scrapbooking done but I was able to finish Journaling a years worth of scrapbooks. I set up my new laptop, scanned through all the past posts and was able to crank out the journals. It was nice to have that out of the way and be caught up on that. Now I just have to actually scrapbook all my pictures from LAST June. Arghhh. I hate falling behind.

Darren had the boys and took them to Alex's tball practice. He then took them to the Rodeo BBQ Cookoff where they could eat all they wanted. According to Darren they did just that. Ian ate two full plates of meat, beans, potatoes, bread, etc. Alex and Daniel each ate 1 1/2 plates. They also each had cupcakes and I am sure some sort of soda. Needless to say they didn't eat much for dinner. They had a good time. Sorry I don't have pictures to show you.

Did I tell you Ian had his cast removed. Thank goodness for that!

We planted a few vegetables in what will eventually be a full garden in our backyard. We have two tomato plants, some jalapenos, some sweet bell peppers, some cilantro and some parsley. Don't ask why parsley. Alex wanted it so I went with it. He said "we don't have to buy any for passover we can just pick it" I didn't have the heart to tell him we will be in California for passover. Oh well. We also trimmed down our backyard bushes and planted some flowers. Hoping everything makes it through the winter. I forgot to cover them last night but I don't think it froze.

Work is going well. We are starting to get into our groove as partners, I have a real attachment to the kids and overall I really enjoy the school. We just turned in our notice of intent for next year so we will see where I am placed next year.

Hope you are well.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

glad things are going well. tell alex he can bring the parsley to california in a little zip loc baggie for passover - it will be special parsley!

last june isn't bad... i'm behind as of about 4 years ago with scrapbooking and i used to be SOOOO on top of it!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they all look THRILLED to be sitting at the table, especially Darren.

FGJ