Friday, March 06, 2009

Rodeo Time

We were lucky enough to be given BOX SEATS to see Alan Jackson at the rodeo. I wasn't really sure what to expect but I figured if they were box seats I should get dressed up. So here I am. Not bad huh? Not to brag on myself but with a little styling help from my mother I was able to look not half bad! Who knew I could wear something other than shorts and t-shirts with my hair back in a pony tail? I am pretty sure that when I dropped Ian off at soccer his coach had no idea who I was.



Here we are. In the suite. We are still in shock by the amazing surroundings. Good food, free unlimited drinks (anything I could think of), good company (always is with my hubby but the others weren't half bad themselves), and even our own personal bathroom which is really REALLY nice.



Then later in the evening we had an ice cream cart come by. It was awesome! I am sorry to say "H" family that your ice cream was outdone. I got vanilla ice cream in a cowboy hat with chocolate sauce, cherries and Kahlua! You heard me right. If we hadn't had enough to drink we also got to have alcohol poured all over our dessert. Yummmm.... Getting hungry again just thinking about it.


Here we are at the seats in front of our box, watching the rodeo. We were just so happy to be out of the house, kidless, with free unlimited food and drinks. My idea of the perfect date!



A little barrel racing...


A little bull riding...

There was even a new sport called "Mutton Bustin". This is where they take little kids (think 4-6 yr olds) and dress them up just like the bull riders with protective helmets and vests. They then get these gigantic sheep and put the kids on them. The sheep tear out of the cages, the kids are holding on for dear life until they go flying off. I guess this was a cute, I want to be just like daddy idea BUT half the kids were crying from the fall so I am thinking maybe NOT such a good idea. They did all get a trophy though.
Then the star of the evening. Here he is Alan Jackson in all his glory....Aren't these seats AMAZING??





Okay, I am just messing with you. Those are pictures of the monitor. These are our seats...
But they were still amazing!


With a zoom lens I could actually get a pretty good shot.



Here we are.... Me and my hubby. The night may be over but the memories will last forever (thanks to this blog because lets be honest I have a horrible memory and otherwise they would be forgotten).
We will be back at the rodeo next week so stay tuned for more fun. Sadly those aren't box seats but we will be going with friends so the experience may be more fun!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

wow - you look hot and it looks like great fun!

Anonymous said...

nicole:
i can't sleep so i've been reading your blog learning the ins and outs of the 3 fun boys (keep in mind, my knowledge is limited to your youngest, who i've started to call simply D - and he responds to it!) here are my thoughts:

1. will you tye dye something for me?
2. i hope that when i have kids they are as gorgeous, smart, and wonderful as yours seem to be
3. any blog where a certain julie is referred to as "fun gal julie" immediately gets entered into my favorites!

see you monday :)

Anonymous said...

You clean up real good! I knew this, but tend to forget when I only see you with drooling children and paint all over.

Darren looks nice too!

FJG

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to ask if there was plastic in the ice cream?

FGJ

Anonymous said...

We took the kids to the rodeo last night. We didn't stay for the concert but we went to the livestock show and went to the rodeo part. I don't think the bull riding was as cool as Brandon had hoped but he really liked the tie down roping and the wagon races. Let me know what is up with the huntsville rodeo this weekend.