Friday, March 13, 2009

Home Sick Today

Poor Daniel was at the beginning stages of getting sick when I picked him up from school yesterday (I swear he was fine at drop off). I went in to get him and when I kissed him I thought he felt hot. So, I took him to the school nurse to find out he had a fever of 100.6. First, I found myself a sub for today. Second, we went home for lunch and nap. Daniel wouldn't eat and just felt miserable. I gave him some medicine but by 5:00 his temperature had risen to 101.8.

Now being the bad parents we are, we still went out last night as we had more rodeo tickets, but I felt comfortable that if there was a problem our babysitter would call us. Mostly he was sleeping anyway.

By the time we returned at 11:00 he was having his asthma kick in so I went in and woke him up to give him a breathing treatment and more ibuprofin. At this point his temperature was 102.

This morning when he woke up his temperature was up to 102.7 So, I guess we have a long road ahead of us. I intend to pull out the sofa bed and watch lots of television.

He seems fine at the moment all drugged up but I know a crash is just around the corner.

Now I just have to get over the guilt for all the kids we got sick just before spring break.

Update: Daniel does not have an ear infection, the flu or strep. They are monitoring his asthma. So although it may suck he is going to be fine :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Daniel he can come over and watch TV with me and we can be sick together :)

Anonymous said...

All of Daniel's friends behind the purple door missed him on Friday!

Mrs. H#1

Barbara said...

sorry to hear he's sick. hopefully everyone else won't get it or will get it and get better SOON so you don't have to travel sick!