The nice thing is that you can get together in the spur of the moment without fear of putting on airs, cooking something special or worrying about anything. Last Sunday the "H" family called mid-afternoon and said "Hey you want to come over and grill pizza". My response... "Heck Yeah! I don't have to cook dinner. I don't have to clean up. I get to hang out with one (ehem two) of my closest friends.
So off we went to their house. All 5 of us showing up to take over their smaller household of 3. They were such gracious hosts and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was a much better experience than having dinner alone in our home.
Here is Nick, rolling out the pizza dough.
While we (and by we I mean Nick and a little bit of Darren) were cooking pizza the boys experimented with their electronics kit.
Pizza on the grill. Who knew it could be so good.
Here is the kid table. It was so nice to go sit off on our own as adults.
Now you are saying to yourself. That doesn't look like pizza. Well that is because we also had homemade icecream as well. That is killing me though because I have been craving it ever since.
Here they are. The entire family.
Thanks guys for a wonderful evening. Next time at our house!
3 comments:
Well, that was certainly worth the wait! I'll let it pass that I didn't get photo approval, but I guess you can't have everything. Also, thanks for not mentioning the plastic....Oops! I just did.
I just viewed the small plastic pieces as adding to my anti-aging program. I figure if it isn't killiing me than it must be preserving me. It was good food though.
Darren
We are happy to do anything that helps to keep you young!
FGJ/Mrs. H #1 (see, I signed it).
Post a Comment