Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lots to Say

Okay, sorry sorry sorry. I have been swamped and have been neglecting my dear blog readers. So what has been up with us?

I signed the boys up for swim lessons, I am researching camps for the summer, and I am generally finding summer activities.

I once again won a bad mother of the year award when signing the boys up for swim lessons. It is a long story that I don't have time to write at the moment but trust me I did.

We had spring break
Monday- we went to visit my parents
Tuesday-we went to a st. patricks day party in the park (pictures to come)
Wednesday-we went berry picking (i got those pictures up)
Thursday- we went to the livestock show
Friday- now that was a day...

i woke up in a bad mood and so i decided i had enough of the schlepping everyone around. i sat them down in front of the t.v. at 7am. and went to my computer and watched old episodes of gray's anatomy, private practice and the unit. i did take a short break to order pizza online and then we all ate pizza :) I actually let my kids sit in front of the t.v. for 5 hrs. i know that is horrible BUT it was my mental health day (and it worked).

once that was over we went outside to play and saw our neighbors. we jumped the fence and played the entire afternoon turning into dinner as well. it was such a nice pleasant evening.

i have updated my food blog but i still have a great meal to post this weekend. But to give you an idea... this week we had a delicious meal of "smoked" corn, garlic, onions, potatoes, carrots, salad and sauteed apples with beets. Hey, we had beets from the CSA and didn't know what to do with them. Experiment gone well. The corn however was only smokey flavored because Darren set it on fire :)

Saturday we went to a birthday party at Brandon's house followed up by some cooking and researching recipes for Monday.

Yesterday Alex had t-ball practice which my friend Karen sweetly took him to (seeing that I haven't figured out how to be in two places at once). Ian had soccer practice. The problem, for me, is that our coach expects us to help. The two year old isn't an excuse not to help. So we had a rousing practice session of "don't hit the baby". He is sitting in the middle of the goal playing in the sand so "two points if you get it in the goal, you lose two points if you hit the baby" :) Things I never would have done with my first.

Okay, now I have to go but will be back soon. Lots of pictures. Lots more to tell.

1 comment:

yard and villa said...

I am also the mother of three boys and working (teacher and internet store). I understand the mental health days. I think as mom's we all need one and that does not make you horrible it makes you human!!! Besides I am sure that you realize what a day it would have been if you had not taken the break!