Saturday, August 25, 2007

Calculus Shmalculus.

So I decided to go back to school. I am currently sitting in on a calculus class and completely lost. I am studying STUDYING STUDYING, reviewing my pre-calculus and yes even algebra so that I can attempt to follow what is going on. I already took this calculus class- how can I be so lost. Oh yes, it has been almost 10 yrs. since I graduated (13 since Calc.) The fact that I was missing many classes and drinking a lot at that point probably doesn't help my memory either.

So all my spare time is being spent reading my calculus book, researching simpler explanations online and then re-reading my calculus book. How many times can someone read something and not understand it you ask... Well I will let you know when I get it.

What will I do with this newfound knowledge. Good question. Initially I was thinking statistician now maybe engineering. Heck who knows. Any good suggestions? Preferably something where I will make enough money after I graduate to pay off all the loan debt I will acumulate. Something that won't require a PhD.

On a side note. I FINALLY found a babysitter who will come to our house every Sunday night and watch the boys while we go out. Yahoo.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow - the big day. We'll try to call tomorrow to see how it went. The only thing is, it will have to be from my cell b/c my kids are in school til 3, then Jacob and Michela have dance from 3:30 to 6:30 and it will probably be too late by the time we get home at 6:45 to call b/c that's 8:45 there.

So hopefully we'll have time to call in between school and dance while we're driving.

Ian definitely has a lot of time to decide what to be! Our kids change their minds a lot, although it's been pretty set for awhile for Jacob and Harrison -- Jacob wants to be a professional dancer or in shows on broadway, Harrison wants to be a baseball player in the MLB, but if he doesn't make that, or when he retires, he wants to practice sports medicine or be a sports reporter or own a sporting goods store. Michela goes back and forth between being a professional dancer, a vetranarian, a teacher and a mom!
Barbara

angela | the painted house said...

I am SO IMPRESSED!!! I wish you so much success in your new academic adventure. I can hardly get my house straight...but to study CALCULUS, too? You go get 'em!

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested to hear some stories of your class-ditching, drinking days. I was a goody-two-shoes(?) regarding going to school, so it would be interesting to experience ditching class vicariously through you.

Nicole said...

i am happy to share stories but only if you tell who you are (anonymous) :)

Unknown said...

How goes the calculus? I'd be interested to read some of your stories too.